Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/)
-   -   Porsche GT3RS Wreck (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/46039-porsche-gt3rs-wreck.html)

jmulholland 08-14-2010 09:56 AM

Porsche GT3RS Wreck

found these pics on a local website...nasty wreck

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/...1a8975b8_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/...b7d00c11_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/...1b341c87_z.jpg

DJ 08-14-2010 10:03 AM

Edited for you this to sound a little more "sympathetic" mate ;) Hopefully this is no one from the TEAM!

tips 08-14-2010 10:06 AM

ooo cwap, beautiful combo it use to be

DJ 08-14-2010 10:07 AM

From thesmokingtire.com :

"Is this your Porsche? Because if so, you’re a douche that doesn’t deserve it. And you know who you are. You were racing a black Ferrari through the streets of Venice, CA today, lost it, crashed into a Mercedes, and had your car towed out of there before the cops showed up. Just for good measure, a close-up of the Porsche’s plate: California plate 6LjR555."

TeutonicCarFan 08-14-2010 10:09 AM

How did he have it towed out before the cops showed up?

Carrera 08-14-2010 10:12 AM

^^ It makes me mad when people tell people they're dumb if they crash. I bet if they were in the same situation the same thing would have happened.

But, it is stupid how he rushed out of there, and it seems like the Mercedes driver got a nice surprise when he woke up.

jox 08-14-2010 10:13 AM

"Sorry bro".

cleanme 08-14-2010 10:25 AM

Ouch, fleeing the scene of an accident is no small crime either..,

JamesCaton 08-14-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 684972)
From thesmokingtire.com :

"Is this your Porsche? Because if so, you’re a douche that doesn’t deserve it. And you know who you are. You were racing a black Ferrari through the streets of Venice, CA today, lost it, crashed into a Mercedes, and had your car towed out of there before the cops showed up. Just for good measure, a close-up of the Porsche’s plate: California plate 6LjR555."

Ouch. GT3 RS driver wasn't making somebody very happy... lol

STOPPIE 08-14-2010 10:37 AM

that 'is' fleeing the scene right?

JamesCaton 08-14-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 685004)

Well if he just left and didn't leave contact information...

Idk that it's illegal to tow your car away though. :shrug:

Glock Guru 08-14-2010 10:44 AM

Nice. value of GT3RS's are going up. Have some respect for the brand, crash on the track.

fat cab 08-14-2010 11:04 AM

:whistle:

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 685004)

I would rather have to deal with a "leaving the scene" as opposed to a DUI.

STOPPIE 08-14-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by JamesCaton (Post 685005)
Well if he just left and didn't leave contact information...

Idk that it's illegal to tow your car away though. :shrug:

I think in most states if its over a certain $$ amount (safe to assume in this case) that its tampering with the scene of an accident. Police need to be able to investigate. Which clearly, they cannot properly here.

JamesCaton 08-14-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 685018)
I think in most states if its over a certain $$ amount (safe to assume in this case) that its tampering with the scene of an accident. Police need to be able to investigate. Which clearly, they cannot properly here.

^^^
He made a great point, I bet it's DUI.
In which case the driver picked what's most likely his best option.

4Wheels 08-14-2010 11:32 AM

Anyone who drives drunk is a douchebag, end of story.

Racing a GT3RS through a residential neighborhood whilst being intoxicated makes you an even bigger douchebag.

JamesCaton 08-14-2010 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 4Wheels (Post 685033)

Racing a GT3RS through a residential neighborhood whilst being intoxicated makes you an even bigger douchebag.

:word:

jmulholland 08-14-2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4Wheels (Post 685033)

i second that...glad everyone was alright...it's rare you hear about these kinds of stories reported though i'm certain they occur more than people hitting people, usually it's that maniac in a 100k$ sportscar that runs down a child or something...thanks to independant blogs you get real stories / more or less!...the Ferrari though, he witnessed it all through his rearview and kept on going...Damn! LoL! i bet his heart was about to burst when he saw all that go down...life just doesn't look the same in rearview, it's like your watching a movie but it's real...by the way 4Wheels nice Churchill quote!

tips 08-15-2010 02:50 AM

did he beat the Ferrari at least? ;)

chardonet 08-15-2010 06:48 AM

Here is the local coverage, in Venice, CA:

“Porsche Vs. Ferrari”: Fast, Furious and Stupid in Venice Beach | Yo! Venice!

savyboy 08-15-2010 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by chardonet (Post 685594)

Racing on a public street, in a neighborhood, on a dead end street- what a ****ing douchebag. Glad they publicized his tag number.

I love flogging the living hell out of my cars on track. I despise sharing public roads with these pathetic wannabe jackasses.

"The JC" 08-15-2010 06:47 PM

a perfect spec RS as well

ZAMIRZ 08-15-2010 11:13 PM

Eh, could've towed the car way so he could tell the insurance company a different story. Still ****ed up, but not as bad as DUI. Fat chance of that happening now.

KingVen 08-16-2010 12:52 AM

more pics

http://www.reyfx.com/Pictures/IMG_0820.jpg

http://www.reyfx.com/Pictures/IMG_0822.jpg

rjmontoya 08-16-2010 01:04 AM

Too soon for me to ask him for his white rollcage?

JamesCaton 08-16-2010 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by rjmontoya (Post 686305)
Too soon for me to ask him for his white rollcage?

Red would be better for yours, imo...

h20skier 08-16-2010 01:13 AM

^^^Try to buy it out of Police lock-up when they impound it rjmontoya.

love the article. calling an jerk out and dropping the plates.
what an idiot.
ruins driving for the rest of us when bystanders think we all drive like this.

sean73T 08-16-2010 01:20 AM

What an idiot. How did he not notice people taking pictures of his car and especially his plate!

JCay 08-16-2010 06:21 AM

This happened about 3 blocks from my house. Word on the street is that his car is going to be turned into a very expensive cube. :friendlykick:

bbywu 08-16-2010 07:12 PM

Look Mom...NO BRAINS!

http://www.reyfx.com/Pictures/IMG_0824.jpg

DchaMD 08-16-2010 07:16 PM

I thought leaving the scene was a felony. Maybe it depends on the state.

McRae 08-16-2010 07:48 PM

...wow...destruction maximus...:(

vsll726 08-16-2010 08:07 PM

Oh! poor GT3 RS!

Yonder 08-16-2010 08:18 PM

Jcay, You mention turning this into a cube, the state does that when convicted of racing correct?

h20skier 08-16-2010 08:30 PM

i am curious as well. how could a state prove this? is it just for racing?

Cowtown10 08-16-2010 10:08 PM

F'n idiots
Im a part time Venice resident. WTF?? There aren't any streets you can get out of 1st gear on.
Drunk neighborhood racing, DOUCHE and your lucky no one kicked your a$$

JCay 08-17-2010 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Yonder (Post 687091)
Jcay, You mention turning this into a cube, the state does that when convicted of racing correct?

I believe so.

Originally Posted by h20skier (Post 687103)
i am curious as well. how could a state prove this? is it just for racing?

Cause everyone saw him? Yes, just for racing.

h20skier 08-17-2010 09:36 AM

so is the black ferrari getting cubed as well? afterall he is the same tool status he just didn't lose control

JamesCaton 08-17-2010 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by h20skier (Post 687457)
so is the black ferrari getting cubed as well? afterall he is the same tool status he just didn't lose control

Not gonna lie, that would really piss me off.
Think of all the ricer hondas out there racing every day.
THEY should be cubed.
They can impound and re-sell Ferrari's...

Haku 08-17-2010 07:25 PM

Hope they get the guys, sell the car/s, and donate the money to a worthy cause.

This eye-witness explanation of what happened. It too was on a forum on the Yo Venice site:

Member chelseabluesvenice states..."I had the unfortunate good/bad fortune of having just parked my car on Cabrillo where Market ends on Friday around 7pm. *I looked up at the sound of a loud engine and screeching tires to see the Black Ferrari (with no plates, front or back, and some kind of nitro injection system) "drifting" the turn from Riviera Southbound onto Market Eastbound. *I initially thought there was maybe some kind of film shoot, and was surprised a stunt driver would be allowed to drive like that without the street being cleared. * I'd never had the pleasure of watching a vehicle with that much horsepower bearing down directly at me from the distance of 50 Yards. *Not one of my favorite experiences. *I then saw the White Porsche come screaming around the Riviera/ Market corner hot on the Ferrari's heels, lose control, and smash the two parked cars on the north side. *Ferrari slowed down more and then spun around the corner heading south on Cabrillo, eventually making a full loop to drive past the wrecked Porsche, possibly checking on his buddy. *As Ferrari came past me a second time, once again heading south on Cabrillo, on his phone, a few of us shouted at him to stop and tried to get a better look at his rear plates. *But he had a tinted cover over where the plates should have been, and there was no Rear Plate visible in any case. *He then gave us a derisive, haha look and punched the nitro to speed off South on Cabrillo toward Venice at around 50- 60 MPH. *
These two douchebags could easily have killed 4-5 people on this stretch of Market St if they had been 30 seconds earlier or later. *Folks walking their dogs, the owner of one of the parked cars, kids on bikes, *people crossing the street coming from the beach: all were in or near the intersection just before. *I have to say we're damn lucky to have avoided some kind of tragedy.
Now, you'd think Douchebag Porsche driver would also have been thanking his lucky stars for being so lucky as to avoid killing himself or others. *But no, he spent all his time on the phone, shadily, constantly walking away from any groups of bystanders. *He kept trying to hassle the tow truck driver into loading his car, until many of us stopped the driver and asked him to wait for the Police. *5-6 of us called the Pacific Division front desk/ 911 and were constantly reassured that a Police Car was on the way. *Meanwhile the Tow Truck driver was being told by his bosses that AAA was telling them the Police were not going to come at all. *Something about there being no injuries. *It was unclear whether Porsche Douche was under the influence, though he bristled and got incensed that anyone would suggest as much. *Porsche Douche never apologized, nor did he express regret, or acknowledge that he F*cked up. *Porsche Douche look me in the eyes and tried to claim he was not racing the Ferrari, didn't know Ferrari Douche, tried to blame the crash on it being a new car and the torque system was touchy, and blah blah. *I'd like to post a photo of him, so if he shows up again he can be put in the stockades or have cruel and unusual punishment reinstated just for him. *But I guess I have to trust Karma will pay his entitled ass a visit somewhere down the line.
I'll also say I am generally happy with the LAPD response in Venice recently, but this was incredibly frustrating to wait 1 1/2 hours for a car to show up AFTER the Porsche has already been towed away and the driver had snuck off into the night. *Porsche Douche was so shady and keen to get out of there before any cops showed up that it certainly churns up conspiracy/ underhanded theories in one's mind. *Porsche Douche is trying to paint this accident as a simple single car mistake, when it is about as far from that as possible, and I hope the Police and Insurance Companies end up with the Truth rather than Porch Douche's version.
Also, a special award for a shocking lack of class and general idiocy goes to Douchey Neon Green Motorcycle guy, who walked around expressing sympathy for Porsche Douche ("oh, you've obviously never raced before, accidents happen") without having seen any of the accident or knowing that this was a drag race accident, not a single car "accident". *Neon Crotch Rocket Guy, if you live here, please leave and move back to the Valley where you belong.
Lots of witnesses took photos, so if yours was one of the parked, damaged vehicles, speak up here and ask for as much documentation as possible, people got photos of the dual skid marks from the successful Ferrari turn and huge Fail Porsche turn, *and someone even chalked the tire spots of the Porsche before it was towed. *
I'm still pissed about this happening in my neighborhood, which is filled with kids and skateboarders and bicyclists and dog walkers and folks on their way to grab a beer on AK. *Any one of my neighbors, or myself, could have been killed because, why exactly? 2 Dickheads can't get enough of "The Fast and Furious" on DVD? *They don't have to time to drive to a proper racetrack? *Don't want to buy an XBOX and play racing games?"