Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   General BMW | Mini (https://teamspeed.com/forums/general-bmw-mini/)
-   -   New DD for me (https://teamspeed.com/forums/general-bmw-mini/78223-new-dd-me.html)

Ordered Analogue 02-01-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by exRockstar (Post 1413570)
Or a hitchhicker:D??

I do alot of things, not properlly a profession. I have a degree in medicine, translation, theology, art and fine watchmaking. At the moment I'm transitioning from helping running my family business (artificial insemination clinics all over Europe) to my own business ( luxury goods group in Iberian market and south american market). Medicine is not my thing. I love business and running my own group.
Like two years ago i was doing even more kms, because i drived alot across all europe, checking out the clinics. Now as I'm not so much linked to my parents businesses, i just drive alot between Spain and Portugal. Madrid, Porto, Lisboa, Algarve, Barcelona, Marbella, etc, etc.... So its quite easy to pull 100k a year or more:D I'm waiting for my new DD, the best car in the world at the moment, the new Range Rover. For the track, thats another thing:D

You've just made me quite jealous. All that driving sounds like a dream to me.

It's great that you're trying to run your own business, I've gotten sucked into the family business. Being the only son does have its downfalls. But you have quite a few degrees, so you can pretty much pursue any field of business. Wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.

Hmm the Range Rover you say, yes it's the king of SUV's but I have a few little tingling issues with that vehicle. I'm not gonna go into it :p.

What specs did you go for.?

Ordered Analogue 02-01-2013 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by naz (Post 1413585)
Congrats bro! You know what I think about the car when it comes to aesthetics. Especially when there's an S8 in the same radius! Come on now... :smilie:

That being said, I don't think I know anyone that enjoys driving/road trips as much as you do, and these machines were built to be driven. Props to you Mr. Q. :golfclap:

Yes yes you've made your opinion quite clear :p.

My offer still stands, keep it for a little while and it'll give you a chance to reevaluate your opinion :D

You up for a road trip to Ajman anytime soon.? I'll bring your divine S8 around this time...

MrD 02-01-2013 01:56 PM

road trip to europe...

just sayin...

997carrerasblk06 02-01-2013 06:11 PM

beauty!

exRockstar 02-02-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ordered Analogue (Post 1413888)
You've just made me quite jealous. All that driving sounds like a dream to me.

It's great that you're trying to run your own business, I've gotten sucked into the family business. Being the only son does have its downfalls. But you have quite a few degrees, so you can pretty much pursue any field of business. Wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.

Hmm the Range Rover you say, yes it's the king of SUV's but I have a few little tingling issues with that vehicle. I'm not gonna go into it :p.

What specs did you go for.?

Thank you;) hope that the future always shines for you. I wish i was only son. Its better than being the older brother. I have to work, he gets all the fun and fruits of the work.

I think the new Range Rover is not the King of SUV, but probably the best car in the world right now for DD.

I went with a pearl white, with darkened details all over the exterior, and brown interior, or as you call it these days, mocca/chocolate/coffee colour, with white pipping. The interior will look pretty much like the 6 series grand coupe when it was presented. V6 diesel, black roof with glass roof. Wheels are the same on the top spec of the evoque, but all gloss blacked out. All the gizmos interior and exterior.

MrD 02-03-2013 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by exRockstar (Post 1414150)
Thank you;) hope that the future always shines for you. I wish i was only son. Its better than being the older brother. I have to work, he gets all the fun and fruits of the work.

I think the new Range Rover is not the King of SUV, but probably the best car in the world right now for DD.

I went with a pearl white, with darkened details all over the exterior, and brown interior, or as you call it these days, mocca/chocolate/coffee colour, with white pipping. The interior will look pretty much like the 6 series grand coupe when it was presented. V6 diesel, black roof with glass roof. Wheels are the same on the top spec of the evoque, but all gloss blacked out. All the gizmos interior and exterior.

cant wait to see this piece of art... :D
any particular reason why you didnt go with the tdv8?

Winchm60 02-03-2013 08:29 AM

GREAT cars, congrats on the purchase!

Ordered Analogue 02-04-2013 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by exRockstar (Post 1414150)

Haha take that wish back my friend...

Your spec sounds great, can't wait to see it! I'm having buyers remorse going for a white seats, it's a b!tch to keep them clean, should have gone for a darker colour with white stitching and piping, like yours.

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

exRockstar 02-04-2013 04:23 PM

Sure;) I'll post some pics when i get the car. I usually never show off my stuff, but i'll post at least two pics. I didn't opted for the tdv8 because i think it makes no sense. For driving everyday, the tdv6 as more then enough torque, power, and consumption. If the hibryd was available already, i would even go for that. For me, to drive around the v6 is more then enough....

MrD 02-04-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by exRockstar (Post 1414381)
Sure;) I'll post some pics when i get the car. I usually never show off my stuff, but i'll post at least two pics. I didn't opted for the tdv8 because i think it makes no sense. For driving everyday, the tdv6 as more then enough torque, power, and consumption. If the hibryd was available already, i would even go for that. For me, to drive around the v6 is more then enough....

fair enough... Its just with the previous model the tdv6 wasnt too powerful for me... but maybe now with the weight reduction it works better... ;)