Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Nürburgring goes bust, EU not planning to help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Nürburgring goes bust, EU not planning to help

Hi,

The Nürburgring is officially broke.

AutoBlog

The Nürburgring is officially broke. According to various German sources, the only chance the owners of the 'Ring have to fend off bankruptcy is if the track gets 13 million euros of new life injected into it. Problem is, state officials have said it's not going to happen.

In other words, the Nürburgring will go into administration and its future will at least in part be decided in court. Also up for debate will be the legality of 524 million euros worth of funding that the state has already pumped into the track, an amusement park with hotels and a shopping mall that make up the local attraction.

Reports indicate that the rest of 2012 will proceed as planned at the 'Ring. After that, it's anybody's guess what will happen to the famous German racetrack.
Surely someone will come to the party and make this a profitable business?

Cheers,
Nik

Old 07-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure someone will come along and save the day

Old 07-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
The interwebs is freaking out today.

Chill out...

Nürburgring bankruptcy: What's really happening...

Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
I can see it now, "Mazda International Raceway at Nurburg".....following in the footsteps of Sonoma and Laguna Seca.

Oh, and in before the re-brand!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all I would like to point out the ring is fine. No different then yesterday. It will be here tomorrow. The idiots running the show around there need to get their shit together or sell the fvcking thing. How the most well known race rack in the world is broke is beyond me. It's a cash cow and anyone with a shred of bussiess sense could easily turn a profit. Don't "save" the ring that's just code for bailout the fvcking retarded monkeys that own it know. Let it fail and be sold.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
texanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond reputetexanphotography has a reputation beyond repute
It has had problems for a while now, i dont think that it will be closed, too many wealth parties involved in it.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If I were a gazillionaire (i.e. 100 million +), I'd buy that shit. Why not? Get rid of all the touristy shit, give manufacturers perks for opening shops there, hold more races (GTI cup, Diesel cup, etc.), let the long-time hoteliers and restaurateurs know all is well, etc. 13 million euros is not THAT much in the big scheme. Some big car guy like Leno or Seinfeld could put the money up tomorrow.

Finally, I'd make sure that every other week there'd be a Teamspeed-only day, free of charge, not open to the public.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
First of all I would like to point out the ring is fine. No different then yesterday. It will be here tomorrow. The idiots running the show around there need to get their shit together or sell the fvcking thing. How the most well known race rack in the world is broke is beyond me. It's a cash cow and anyone with a shred of bussiess sense could easily turn a profit. Don't "save" the ring that's just code for bailout the fvcking retarded monkeys that own it know. Let it fail and be sold.
Good post gmac! I agree.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Finally, I'd make sure that every other week there'd be a Teamspeed-only day, free of charge, not open to the public.
Well now that's a great idea! I'm voting for you.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Props to gmac, and not just for sending me a almost nudipic link in my time of need.

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
If I were a gazillionaire (i.e. 100 million +), I'd buy that shit. Why not?
OMG, you too?

Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I hope you guys are right because I haven't been able to get there yet. That would be devastating news!

Quick Reply: Nürburgring goes bust, EU not planning to help