Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

what do you consider a car enthusiast?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
what do you consider a car enthusiast?

Many people on TS can afford a car or two maybe even four or five, does that make them an enthusiast? Or is it the guy who has the stripped out track car with three pedals? In your opinion TS what do you consider to be a car enthusiast?

Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think anyone who has an appreciation for cars beyond being just a mode of transportation could be considered an enthusiast.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it has anything to do with what you drive. It is about the passion/love you have for cars. People who love the design, engineering, spend hours detailing their car because they love it, who love knowing and learning about different cars. When they go to bed at night thinking about different cars keeps them up. Any or all of the above, plus more.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I've never met one yet

Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Shudddup you!!^^^^^^^^

Old 01-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I think anyone who has an appreciation for cars beyond being just a mode of transportation could be considered an enthusiast.
Ricers need not apply.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I'll give you a hint as to who is NOT an enthusiast- you drive a Lexus and only have OWNED Lexus.

You are NOT a car enthusiast. You like driving an appliance with wheels.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I'll give you a hint as to who is NOT an enthusiast- you drive a Lexus and only have OWNED Lexus.

You are NOT a car enthusiast. You like driving an appliance with wheels.
what about those who have the is300's and do full supra motor swaps+single turbos, etc?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
During our time in the dorm Ludas and me spent hundreds of hours on Youtube watching car videos of any kind. Nothing would make us more happy than the roaring sound of a CS or the screaming of a CGT. Every Saturday we went to Goethestraße in Frankfurt where all the luxury shops (LV,Gucci etc) are located, hoping to spot some cool cars.

One night we spotted an AM DBS on our way back from the cinema. While drooling over the car the owner showed up and he was kinda flattered when he saw how happy we were just to see the car. When he left he floored it real hard, leaving us chuckling like little girls. I don't know how many times we watched the video that we recorded that night....must have been at least a thousand times.

Yes, I'd consider us real enthusiats even though we don't own any fancy cars yet.

Lookin forward to meeting you and Johan in April dude !

Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Man, what a good question for the basis of a discussion.

Personally, it seems to be an emotional attachment to you vehicle, and the ability to know the nuances of that vehicle. How it will respond in just about every situation. An enthusiast loves every aspect of the act of being in, and driving his/her vehicle.

An enthusiast is rationally, logically and emotionally tied to their vehicle.

Quick Reply: what do you consider a car enthusiast?