Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gadgets-electronics-home-theater-gaming/)
-   -   Problem with Time Capsule (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gadgets-electronics-home-theater-gaming/3160-problem-time-capsule.html)

alin2.5 03-08-2008 08:49 PM

Problem with Time Capsule

Any thoughts on this one? I can't seem to find an answer on the Apple support page and I don't really feel like waiting an hour on the phone for Apple Support.

Whenever my iMac wakes from "sleep" mode, it loses the wireless-N connection with the Time Capsule. I read that folks with the Airport Extreme have also had this problem. The wireless indicator still shows that I am connected to my wireless network, but I do not have internet access or access to my networked drives such as my Time Capsule and an external HD.

I have to run the "diagnostics" on the network preferences panel to reestablish a connection...not the end of the world, but annoying.

Ironically, my HP winXP laptop connects flawlessly and has never dropped a connection...:rolleyes:

cue Jeff_NJ making a snide remark...:)

sal 03-08-2008 10:40 PM

Mine doesn't establish the connection directly out of sleep mode, but normally takes no more than 10-20 seconds to re-establish the connection.

only thing I would suggest is making sure you installed the new airport software that came on the cd in the time machine box. after installing that i had zero problems on mine.

alin2.5 03-08-2008 10:52 PM

Thanks for your input. I did install the new airport software that came with the TC.

But, my does not reconnect at all. In fact, it's a bit more complicated. The airport still says it's connected to my network, but there is no ability to access anything on the network from HD, Time Capsule, networked printer, etc.

Control It 03-22-2008 10:34 PM

Time to talk to a "Genius"...

CarbonCycles 03-22-2008 10:48 PM

alin, there has been a recent firmware update to the timecapsule/airport extreme. grab the latest firmware by launching the airport utility, and it should notify you immediately that there is an update ready to download.

alin2.5 03-22-2008 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by CarbonCycles (Post 53241)
alin, there has been a recent firmware update to the timecapsule/airport extreme. grab the latest firmware by launching the airport utility, and it should notify you immediately that there is an update ready to download.

Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded the firmware today, but haven't tried to "sleep" the computer to test it yet. I'll keep people posted...

alin2.5 03-22-2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Control It (Post 53231)
Time to talk to a "Genius"...

Is it just me? Or, does the label "Genius" for the fanboys in the Apple stores just totally grate on your nerves...

alin2.5 03-23-2008 12:36 PM

Just a brief update...since uploading the new TC firmware, the iMac seems to be correctly connecting wirelessly with the TC upon waking from "sleep." I'll see if it's consistent...

Jeff_NJ 03-23-2008 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by alin2.5 (Post 44489)
cue Jeff_NJ making a snide remark...:)

I missed this somehow.

[begin snide remark...]

I'm not surprised the PC was working flawlessly...

they don't require "geniuses"...

[/snide remark]:smilie:

alin2.5 03-23-2008 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ (Post 53788)
I missed this somehow.

[begin snide remark...]

I'm not surprised the PC was working flawlessly...

they don't require "geniuses"...

[/snide remark]:smilie:

LOL...what took you so long?