Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Here's One For You Guys . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Here's One For You Guys . . .

Last night my wife hit a skunk in my B55. Ran over it with the rear driver's side tire. No bits and pieces but the smell is terrible in the trunk. There isn't much of a smell in the cab or front. But it comes out of the back end like a frieght train.

Any solutions???

Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Regrettably, since the smell has permeated throughout the car, you can't spot-treat (since there is no "spot"). I know of two options off the top of my head: spreading baking soda across the carpet (to be vacuumed after it's sat for a while & absorbed the odors) and the use of an ozone generator.

Regardless of what you choose, make sure to wash the undercarriage, wheels, and wheel wells very, very extensively. Then, after that's done, wash them again.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it has been about 5 days since this happened and I can still smell it in the trunk area. But there is not even a hint of it in the cab or front end of the car at all. I have been putting a big bowl of coffee grounds in the trunk at night which seems to be helping absorb the smell. I am thinking that after another few days it should be gone.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Submerging the vehicle in tomato juice should do the trick...

Old 08-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Brilliant!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Well, it has been about 10-days since this happened and I am happy to say that the smell is all gone. Had Moe at the house this morning and it passed with him as well.

Now I can put this whole sorted mess behind me.