Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Detailing & Paint Protection (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/)
-   -   My logo... (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/22117-my-logo.html)

Clever Nickname 05-26-2009 04:53 PM

Could you post a version of it in BW only? It looks great, but TBH I was a bit confused when I first looked at it. Reason being is because there's not "recognizable" shapes in it when it's at the 30 degree angle. In a sense, it's OK because people will look at it and say, "What's that?", but most people won't stop to figure out what it is and will consider it as another abstract object that takes too much time to figure out. I know you want to make it "different", btu don't forget your target audience... the people that don't want it different. My vote is that the logo is great, but keep it at 90 degrees :friends:.

Zorro 05-26-2009 05:10 PM

I just see LA.

Ivan Rajic 05-26-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Clever Nickname (Post 328091)
Could you post a version of it in BW only? It looks great, but TBH I was a bit confused when I first looked at it. Reason being is because there's not "recognizable" shapes in it when it's at the 30 degree angle. In a sense, it's OK because people will look at it and say, "What's that?", but most people won't stop to figure out what it is and will consider it as another abstract object that takes too much time to figure out. I know you want to make it "different", btu don't forget your target audience... the people that don't want it different. My vote is that the logo is great, but keep it at 90 degrees :friends:.

http://e-owned.com/albums/userpics/1...te720x720a.jpg

http://e-owned.com/albums/userpics/1...ck720x720a.jpg

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 328103)
I just see LA.

"D"s in there somewhere haha

Clever Nickname 05-26-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ivopivo (Post 328119)

Хорошие, но не очень хорошо (hope I spelled that right, I'm just learning Russian), as I'm still confused of the abstract. To us, it looks great because I know exactly what you're going for, but don't forget about the public; they DON'T know. What can I relate your logo to? IMO, nothing now because it doesn't make sense at the first glance. Really, good concept and nice logo, but you're forgetting about the овца (sheep).

Ivan Rajic 05-26-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Clever Nickname (Post 328131)
Хорошие, но не очень хорошо (hope I spelled that right, I'm just learning Russian), as I'm still confused of the abstract. To us, it looks great because I know exactly what you're going for, but don't forget about the public; they DON'T know. What can I relate your logo to? IMO, nothing now because it doesn't make sense at the first glance. Really, good concept and nice logo, but you're forgetting about the овца (sheep).

haha first of all, I'm not russian... yes most of their alphabet I understand and most of their language as well, but not the first sentence...

As for the logo, I don't want it to relate to anything but my name... I'm glad you say you can't relate it to anything because as it started coming together people compared it to LA Dodgers logo (some still do)... I want it to be 'nothing' and then something, just like my name is/was... yes in some form of polish as well as old latin it means to shine, or shine, or mirror like, etc., and yes I based it off those meanings, but I didn't go with lustra, or lustre, or luster, etc. rather something different, so lustr came about... now people are mentioning it more and more, so I'm hoping same happens with the logo, in that it'll be mentioned/recognized along with the name.

Make sense? (please say yes haha)

Clever Nickname 05-27-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ivopivo (Post 328141)
haha first of all, I'm not russian... yes most of their alphabet I understand and most of their language as well, but not the first sentence...

As for the logo, I don't want it to relate to anything but my name... I'm glad you say you can't relate it to anything because as it started coming together people compared it to LA Dodgers logo (some still do)... I want it to be 'nothing' and then something, just like my name is/was... yes in some form of polish as well as old latin it means to shine, or shine, or mirror like, etc., and yes I based it off those meanings, but I didn't go with lustra, or lustre, or luster, etc. rather something different, so lustr came about... now people are mentioning it more and more, so I'm hoping same happens with the logo, in that it'll be mentioned/recognized along with the name.

Make sense? (please say yes haha)

OK makes sense now :)! Hmm, Ivan, pivo... maybe Czech?

Ivan Rajic 05-27-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Clever Nickname (Post 328735)
OK makes sense now :)! Hmm, Ivan, pivo... maybe Czech?

Croatian/Serbian

Clever Nickname 05-27-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ivopivo (Post 328741)
Croatian/Serbian

Cool, I should be heading to Croatia soon to deliver some detailing products!