Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion (https://teamspeed.com/forums/celebrity-sightings-clothing-fashion/)
-   -   What is your style of dress? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/celebrity-sightings-clothing-fashion/23322-what-your-style-dress.html)

6spdg37s 05-15-2009 01:18 PM

What is your style of dress?

I was just curious as to everyone's style of dress? based on region or country. Im from NY and I dress like...
Casual: I'll generally wear nice jeans (mavi, Armani or A|x), Love T-shirts (Armani Exchange, Christian Audiger (sp?) Ed Hardy, DKNY, Affliction, one or two new brands similar to CA and ED hardy (cant remember the name). And then either sneakers or dress shoes.
As for jewelery: always wear my movado (had it for years got it as a H.S. grad gift) always wear a 14k yellow gold and diamond ring I bought myself when i first started finally making some money. And a white gold designer link chain/ diamond cross or 14k yellow gold rope chain with two-tone cross. and or cuban link with italian horn. Diamond earrings.
Business (for work): all the jewelery stays the same. I tend to wear lots of polos and/or button downs and dress pants, and dress shoes pretty straight forward.
I am a huge tattoo fan currently have two right now. Love wearing a hot T and some nice jeans and showing them off.

However, I really do not have one specific style which defines me. I wear whatever looks hot on me. I really dont care about the brand that much. I'll wear triple 5 soul one day and armani the next.

This is a completely pointless thread but I figured since its a global forum i'd see how dress varies by region.

SLC4S 05-15-2009 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s (Post 320225)
I was just curious as to everyone's style of dress? based on region or country. Im from NY and I dress like...
Casual: I'll generally wear nice jeans (mavi, Armani or A|x), Love T-shirts (Armani Exchange, Christian Audiger (sp?) Ed Hardy, DKNY, Affliction, one or two new brands similar to CA and ED hardy (cant remember the name). And then either sneakers or dress shoes.
As for jewelery: always wear my movado (had it for years got it as a H.S. grad gift) always wear a 14k yellow gold and diamond ring I bought myself when i first started finally making some money. And a white gold designer link chain/ diamond cross or 14k yellow gold rope chain with two-tone cross. and or cuban link with italian horn. Diamond earrings.
Business (for work): all the jewelery stays the same. I tend to wear lots of polos and/or button downs and dress pants, and dress shoes pretty straight forward.
I am a huge tattoo fan currently have two right now. Love wearing a hot T and some nice jeans and showing them off.

However, I really do not have one specific style which defines me. I wear whatever looks hot on me. I really dont care about the brand that much. I'll wear triple 5 soul one day and armani the next.

This is a completely pointless thread but I figured since its a global forum i'd see how dress varies by region.

hmmm.... there are WAY to many things to say about your post, so I'll just quote it for the memories and play along.

Work(95% of my life): Suits by Zegna, D&G, or Faconable, most days I'm just in slacks and a shirt, both come from many brands, same story with shoes.

Casual: you know...whatever looks hot on me... sometimes preppy, sometimes not, NEVER and I repeat NEVER having anything to do with Ed Hardy, Affliction, or anything that looks anything even remotely close to either of those brands.

Jewelry: simple gold wedding band, watch, small canvas bracelet from my brother in Guatemala that I will wear till he gets home in one more year.

BigE 05-15-2009 01:55 PM

What I wear is pretty much the exact opposite of everything you see in this picture.

http://www.hotgossipclothing.com/ima...utch%20guy.jpg

b9ev 05-15-2009 02:06 PM

I'll reply mostly because I am trying to waste time today.

Business: Button down, long sleeves (if its summer, shirts are linen). Pants are usually jeans. Black or Brown Doc Marten shoes, with a steel toe.

Casual: Summer: Button down, short sleeves or the same linen long sleeves as business. Pants are jeans. Shorts are cargo shorts. Alternatively, I can be found in t shirts that are purchased in packs from most low end retail stores. Shoes range from sneakers to the Docs to hiking boots to sandals. Winter I usually wear sweaters.

Dress up: NM is super informal so usually its throwing on a sport coat over my business attire. If it requires a suit, grey or blue for business grey or black for weddings/funerals paired with dress shoes.

Jewelry: Business its Tag Heuer watches. I need something inexpensive and built solid for my environment. Casual its Glashutte Original or IWC or Tag depending on my mood or what I am wearing.

"The JC" 05-15-2009 02:35 PM

I would describe my style of dress as badass, but not BADASS. Honestly, I don't really think this much about how I dress, so I don't really know how to respond other than to describe my style as classic. Ralph Lauren makes clothes for drivers so I tend to gravitate towards his stuff. Also, the oil business is pretty informal so I don't really where a suit that often.

MexicoBlue 05-15-2009 03:13 PM

Gap jeans, Gap Polos, Merells. Every day. Whatever the occasion.

Alzilla 05-15-2009 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s (Post 320225)

Seems like this style defines you pretty well:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...chebags004.jpg

jayboat 05-15-2009 03:36 PM

All casual, all the time.

Barefoot unless flops needed to get into a restaurant. Sneakers if I'm doing ladder work. No jewelry, ever.

Gave my suits away a long time ago, 30 years since I wore a watch. Shorts and tshirts, maybe a silk hawaiian shirt, jeans if long pants are necessary.

In my biz, I can get away with it and it suits me just fine.

Alzilla 05-15-2009 03:36 PM

Jeans every day, with t-shirts (mostly with the logos of my favorite ALMS teams) and button up shirts from The Gap when I'm not working in the shop. Almost always wear Puma Kart Cats but flip flips or moccasins in the summer. I've got a couple of cheap watches I alternate between depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing that day.

Alzilla 05-15-2009 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 320326)
All casual, all the time.

Barefoot unless flops needed to get into a restaurant. Sneakers if I'm doing ladder work. No jewelry, ever.

Gave my suits away a long time ago, 30 years since I wore a watch. Shorts and tshirts, maybe a silk hawaiian shirt, jeans if long pants are necessary.

In my biz, I can get away with it and it suits me just fine.

I want your job! That sounds pretty awesome.

Damon@tirerack 05-15-2009 03:47 PM

I see this going very..........very, badly.....

:lol:

Guest 05-15-2009 03:56 PM

My dress is extremely conservative, to the point that I will rarely take a chance on a new/different brand.

I think every item of clothing I own (apart from shoes) came from one of the following: Patagonia, Arc'teryx, Barbour, LL Bean, Brooks Brothers, Bills Khakis, Lacoste, Levi's.

EDIT: So you probably aren't going to turn me on to Ed Hardy or anything else my dad wouldn't wear, as well.

M5Kid 05-15-2009 04:20 PM

I'm going to head to my room and see what I should wear today. Whatever it is, its gotta look HOT on me!

SLC4S 05-15-2009 04:33 PM

I must say overall this is a tame bunch today... maybe its the M3 GTR fiasco that has taken it all out of us but this couldn't have been teed up better if I tried...

Way to take the high road guys...

6spdg37s 05-15-2009 04:43 PM

Still in general im young and thats why I dress how I do when not in a professional setting. E.g. my office. I don't plan on being 40 and dressing the way I do now.

Alzilla 05-15-2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by SLC4S (Post 320356)
I must say overall this is a tame bunch today... maybe its the M3 GTR fiasco that has taken it all out of us but this couldn't have been teed up better if I tried...

Way to take the high road guys...

Um.... HELLO!!!!

Originally Posted by Alzilla (Post 320323)
Seems like this style defines you pretty well:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...chebags004.jpg

And yes, I did just quote myself.

tractorcrusher 05-15-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by BigE (Post 320266)
What I wear is pretty much the exact opposite of everything you see in this picture.

http://www.hotgossipclothing.com/ima...utch%20guy.jpg

Hahaha... I'm with you on this one. +1

TommyBahama 05-15-2009 05:25 PM

I will take this post as a cry for help.

you appear to have some money, take your bridge and tunnel ass down to bloomingdales, hire a personal shopper and buy some class.

Dunner 05-15-2009 05:39 PM

I like to wear jeans with as many holes as possible, paired with any shirt that makes me look like I'm an MMA fighter and I like to top it off with a trucker cap... A spray on tan completes the look.

"The JC" 05-15-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Damon@tirerack (Post 320331)
I see this going very..........very, badly.....

:lol:

I know, this is going to be great!

Unfortunately for Control It, its going to be hard to keep the flag words mentioned in his previous thread from being used.

Zorro 05-15-2009 05:54 PM

Naked. That's my style.

VegasFloyd 05-15-2009 05:58 PM

Yeah this collar's popped, cuz I'm the fvckin' man and everyone should know it.

Jaeger bombs!

Zorro 05-15-2009 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by VegasFloyd (Post 320438)
Yeah this collar's popped, cuz I'm fvckin' men and everyone should know it.

Jaeger bombs!

Fixed that for you. :D

"The JC" 05-15-2009 06:00 PM

Anything that helps me to display my giant balls.

Zorro 05-15-2009 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by JC919 (Post 320442)
Anything that helps me to display my giant balls.

aha, I see a connaisseur.

Slightly NSFW (how can I just make a link and not embedded vid?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzkC2g4Xas

chokeu2 05-15-2009 06:44 PM

Wait...
Gold chain, bracelet, necklace and earrings in a "professional" environment?

Levi's and a polo shirt most days. Or Khaki's and a polo or button down When necessary, a well cut suit. Watch, gold wedding band.

oh crap...

I can't help myself...
I can't make it stop...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...bageek14uf.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...idos_small.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...u2/guido12.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...allchinian.jpg

YouTube - My New Haircut
YouTube - Guidos in Cabo
YouTube - Why everyone hates guidos.
YouTube - Guido Dance @ Seaside- MDW!

I feel better.

TommyBahama 05-15-2009 06:48 PM

probably my favorite guido vid

YouTube - Guido Beach

BigE 05-15-2009 07:09 PM

Me and my possy like to get "suited and booted" in bright colors before we hit the town
http://dallasvintageshop.com/wp-cont...9/im000353.JPG

SpeedKBob 05-19-2009 11:50 AM

good lord...

BrakeL8 05-22-2009 08:16 PM

I literally don't own a suit, 1 pair of slacks, a dozen nice shirts (though casual-nice). 95% of the time I'm in boardshorts, a t-shirt, a pair of maui jims and any selection from the 10-12 pairs of flippy floppies.

If I'm going anywhere 'nice' it's jeans (nearly exclusively Diesel or Rock & Rupublic as these fit me (I'm tall w/ shorter legs), though now that these are super popular not nearly as much), an untucked long sleeve shirt w/ the sleeves rolled up and a casual (velvet often) sport coat / tux jacket.

I simply don't do formal as it reminds me of everything I hate about the corporate world and why I shunned it to work for myself.

smokinghot4cars 05-22-2009 08:32 PM

Pretty simple cause I hate to shop for clothes. From neck to ankles Faconnable and on my feet ONLY Prada unless I doing sports. The only sneakers I buy are New Balance brand. Done.

Marc 11-09-2009 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by BrakeL8 (Post 324911)
I literally don't own a suit, 1 pair of slacks, a dozen nice shirts (though casual-nice). 95% of the time I'm in boardshorts, a t-shirt, a pair of maui jims and any selection from the 10-12 pairs of flippy floppies.

If I'm going anywhere 'nice' it's jeans (nearly exclusively Diesel or Rock & Rupublic as these fit me (I'm tall w/ shorter legs), though now that these are super popular not nearly as much), an untucked long sleeve shirt w/ the sleeves rolled up and a casual (velvet often) sport coat / tux jacket.

I simply don't do formal as it reminds me of everything I hate about the corporate world and why I shunned it to work for myself.

I am with you.

BigE 11-09-2009 04:25 PM

I am tired of upholding my "Playa-Pimp" style of dress, too much work lookin' this damn good, and the fur coats weigh me down.

This coming year I am going with the "Pimp-Casual" look.

SoCal 11-09-2009 04:29 PM

I always keep it casual if I can: comfortable jeans or shorts, plain t-shirts from J. Crew or Banana Republic, Chuck Taylors or Rainbow flip flops. I am not one of those label whores like the other half of Southern California.

ljg 11-09-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal C4S (Post 443175)
I always keep it casual if I can: comfortable jeans or shorts, plain t-shirts from J. Crew or Banana Republic, Chuck Taylors or Rainbow flip flops. I am not one of those label whores like the other half of Southern California.

And by half you meant...99.99999999%?:lol:

SoCal 11-09-2009 05:02 PM

^Almost true. I would say it is more than half and less than 100%. Maybe 75%... Just depends where you are.

barebones 11-09-2009 05:41 PM

What ever I want, since I live in whistler I have to dress to the climate.

Maryjun 11-12-2009 11:35 AM

you are so sweet Alex.............nice photo guys

ECB 11-12-2009 12:10 PM

http://www.klaus-und-petra-luebke.de/Pics/Mass3.jpg

hard to describe my style...

but it`s unique:friends:

strebo 11-12-2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigE (Post 443171)
I am tired of upholding my "Playa-Pimp" style of dress, too much work lookin' this damn good, and the fur coats weigh me down.

This coming year I am going with the "Pimp-Casual" look.

Impossible. To wear the pimp-casual look you can't be an inch higher than 5feet.