Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Unique Lamborghini Zagato Raptor up for auction at Pebble Beach

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Unique Lamborghini Zagato Raptor up for auction at Pebble Beach

If you thought the Lamborghini Reventon was as exclusive as Bolognese supercars get, feast your eyes on the Zagato Raptor. The one-off concept car unveiled at the 1996 Geneva show took on the insurmountable task of supplanting the Diablo (on which it's based) on the bedroom walls of enthusiastic children worldwide.

The concept car borrowed its mechanics from the Diablo VT, but while it retained the Lambo's 492-hp V12, in a gesture to insanity it did away with the traction control and ABS. The design, which Zagato appears to have echoed with the Spyker C12 concept, features the carrozzeria's signature double-bubble roof that tilts up with the doors not unlike the canopy on Pininfarina's Maserati Birdcage or Giugiaro's Quaranta concepts. The Raptor was developed in conjunction with Swiss sledding champion Alain Wicki (yes, he has his own Wikipedia entry), and while public reception was hot, the car was never put into production. All that remains is this one original show car, which is now going up for auction at Pebble Beach by the auctioneers at the Blackhawk Collection.

Attached Images        
Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
what an ugly looking lambo... imho

Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
saintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant future
Not sure how I feel about that yet...I'm still taking it in...

Old 08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats one lambo thats not for me.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
I liked it up until I saw the picture of the rear-end...

Old 08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
EliteOne9002 is an unknown quantity at this point
OOOuch! I dont like!

Old 08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
yuck.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I see a bit of Enzo in there, also the rear looks a bit like the R8...

Old 08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
I see a bit of Enzo in there, also the rear looks a bit like the R8...
I agree on the back, but the front I see a lot of the same lines as the Ferrari P4/5

Old 08-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting...I can see K-segg in the cockpit /greenhouse area, R8 in the rear, and hints of the P4/5 in the front.

Quick Reply: Unique Lamborghini Zagato Raptor up for auction at Pebble Beach