Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

1,470 hp Twin Turbo Gallardo from ZR Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond repute
1,470 hp Twin Turbo Gallardo from ZR Auto

After burning through some cylinders on this Gallardo Heffner twin turbo the owner had ZR Auto rebuilt the engine again, modified and updated it along the way ... and came up with 1,470 hp.

Looks like IMSA wheels and a complete Miura Corsa body kit including rear wing?

Image credits Dirk A Photography

Last edited by lambocars; 08-08-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
Can you elaborate on "burned thru some cylinders"? Have always been curious about reliability if a twin turbo'd gallardo.

Not a dig on Hefner or any other tuner, just figured that upping the power to these levels shortens the lifespan dramatically and requires a service and maintenance schedule that must be out of this world. Of course the power is ou of the world so it should go hand in hand.

I will never have the funds to do this myself so I must live vicariously thru those who do...

Wilson

Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yonder
Can you elaborate on "burned thru some cylinders"? Have always been curious about reliability if a twin turbo'd gallardo.
I'm certainly no expert when it comes to engines, but from what I've red the fuel lines and pumps got clogged after a period of time ... apparently that leads to a wrong mixture for the combustion ... which burns the cylinders ? (too much air with too little fuel causing the oil to burn perhaps ... I'm only guessing here, there is 10 liter of engine oil ... but it is a dry sump lubrication V10 ... I don't know enough about engines to make an educated guess here)

Anyone with actual knowledge about these things could probably shed some more light onto this?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
If the fuel lines and/or pumps got clogged that would most likely either be from REALLY bad gas or sitting for over a year or more than that even.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lambocars
I'm certainly no expert when it comes to engines, but from what I've red the fuel lines and pumps got clogged after a period of time ... apparently that leads to a wrong mixture for the combustion ... which burns the cylinders ? (too much air with too little fuel causing the oil to burn perhaps ... I'm only guessing here, there is 10 liter of engine oil ... but it is a dry sump lubrication V10 ... I don't know enough about engines to make an educated guess here)

Anyone with actual knowledge about these things could probably shed some more light onto this?
If the fuel pump or the lines became clogged the mixture in the cylinder would burn lean. The leaner the mixture the hotter it will burn, LEAN is mean and will make more power but also leads to detonation, premature firing of the mixture as it enters the cylinder. If you were to look at the cylinder head or block it will look like someone took a cutting torch and cut a gouge into it. Usually it will take out a piston first, however, this is not always the case.