Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

The end of an engine...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
The end of an engine...

on saturday , on the road I was approx around 7000 rpm , I heard a noise from the engine , I place the gearbox on neutral , put the engine off and stopped the car .
Directly to lamborghini that receive the car today .
All the oil from the engine on the floor .
It's a 520 SE 40 000 kms ..
I think it's a rod that has broken and perfored the engine but i was not able to see something under the car .

any other idea ? have you heard about this before ?

Thanks

Emmanuel

Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Spun a main bearing & rod cap punched a hole…from experience

Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
Thanks ...

Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Sup, another Emanuel on the site...welcome!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
oups ...

It's a well known failure on gallardo 500 and 520.
The engine bloc begin to brake and a rod follow and punch out a hole ...

Result 57 000 € to replace the complete engine ....
40 000 kms always maintened in Lambo dealer .

It was my first (and last ..) lambo and I will go back to Porsche !

Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned
wodanbrlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Really good thread.I like this!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Royal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by manursr
result 57 000 € to replace the complete engine ....
oh em g!!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Manursr
It's a well known failure on gallardo 500 and 520.
The engine bloc begin to brake and a rod follow and punch out a hole ...

Result 57 000 € to replace the complete engine ....
40 000 kms always maintened in Lambo dealer .

It was my first (and last ..) lambo and I will go back to Porsche !
If I were you I would get in touch with the factory. I would be pushing for a large reduction in the cost of a replacment engine, especially as you say it is a well known failure on the engine.

If it is a well known fault then Lamborghini has a responsiility to its customers as it has obviously produced an engine that is not fit for purpose.

As it has been serviced and maintained by a Lamorghini dealer, surely they should have been aware of the possibility of this issue arising and advising its customers accordingly.

I certainly wouldn't just be walking away, I would be taking it further!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ridgback
I certainly wouldn't just be walking away, I would be taking it further!
forget about that,..

you know Lambounfall.de

Lambo won`t do shit for you there..

Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Italian cars lol

Quick Reply: The end of an engine...