Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Autoguide: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Headed to Production in Limited Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Autoguide: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Headed to Production in Limited Numbers

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Headed to Production in Limited Numbers

Debuting as a technology concept, Lamborghini will reportedly put its wild ultra-light Sesto Elemento show car into production.

Debuting at the Paris Auto Show the car gets its name from carbon fiber, the sixth element – or sesto elemento in Italian. Weighing just 2,202 lbs it features a carbon fiber tub for the cockpit, while the front and rear crash boxes are also made of carbon fiber, as are the suspension components. In addition, there are carbon fiber wheels, carbon ceramic brakes and even an exhaust system made from a special mix of ceramic powder and synthetic resin.

With an interior that would make Colin Chapman proud, Lamborghini has designed seats into the carbon tub in a bid to keep weight to an absolute minimum.

In fact the only heavy things left on the car are integral to it being a Lamborghini, namely, a big engine and the company’s trademark AWD system. Sporting a 5.2-liter V10 engine with the same 562-hp output as the Superleggera, Lamborghini claims a 0-62-mph time of 2.5 seconds.

According to reports, Lamborghini will build as few as 5 or as many at 12 of these cars with a retail price of 2.5 million Euros or almost $3.5 million.

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Headed to Production in Limited Numbers | AutoGuide.com News

Just found this article, there are no comments from me at this time, but I will try to figure out. At least there was interest expressions from VIP customers and rumors about very limited numbers production is circulating.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Rather have a Bugatti Grandsport and keep the change,

Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
I like the idea of a very limited series, i dont know if i would spend so much on this car but im sure there are people that would... Good news

Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
didnt see this coming...ah well...

Old 11-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
MapleCars is an unknown quantity at this point
its too ugly to cost that much

Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
For that money there are plenty better options out there.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt I'd buy one at that price but I'm just glad they're going to build a few. Now, lets just hope the safety nannies don't ruin the car.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
I had lunch with my dealer and Valentino B yesterday. My dealer said Eur 1.4m plus taxes, VB said they aren't going to make it anyway.

At 1.4m they might as well not bother IMO

Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll take an Enzo, F50, F40 and 288GTO for about the same money.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
The price is just ludicrous, but I suppose if people are willing to spend the money then you can't really blame Lamborghini. If this is true I hope Lamborghini modify the concept at least a little bit.

Quick Reply: Autoguide: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Headed to Production in Limited Numbers