Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Has Lambo Hit The Power Limit? Switches R&D From Power To Weight

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Has Lambo Hit The Power Limit? Switches R&D From Power To Weight

Interesting article.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
"more consumption means increased CO2 emissions"

Lambo just went Al Gore on us. Guess I'm done with them.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
emag remrofni is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Gobbles

+1

That's really sad that now even Lamborghini is giving a shit about this BS. Can't wait till the global warming fad ends and liberals find something else to whine about.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
emag remrofni is an unknown quantity at this point
But as for the actual decision, I think they are right. I don't see the need for more than 600 HP out of manufacture except for bragging rights.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
cars like the Zonda and McLaren F1 show that light weight is where its at. Now using some BS "green" reasoning is totally gay and anti Lamborghini.
Then again I lost most interest in Lamborghini when 90%+ of there cars were egear, and now its damn near impossible to get a manual

Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles

I think they are only compensating for the political realities, not because Lambo wants to be green (and if they did it would not be "green" but Itahca Verde).

Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
I think they are only compensating for the political realities, not because Lambo wants to be green (and if they did it would not be "green" but Itahca Verde).
Yeah, I was joking, and fishing for a reason to bash Al Gore.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Auctung
cars like the Zonda and McLaren F1 show that light weight is where its at. Now using some BS "green" reasoning is totally gay and anti Lamborghini.
Then again I lost most interest in Lamborghini when 90%+ of there cars were egear, and now its damn near impossible to get a manual
the reason its geting harder to find manual cars is because all these new tranys that are being build are so much faster than stick shift. a human can not shit as fast as a 7speed dual clutch automatic gear box. thats why amg doesnt make stick shift for there cars also

Old 02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Less weight = more fun to drive.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
As UBC said, the emissions argument is just a pr thing/cover for having no more power adding answers.

How much do lambos generally weigh anyhow?

Quick Reply: Has Lambo Hit The Power Limit? Switches R&D From Power To Weight