Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Would love some advice on a Gallardo from present/past owners..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Comprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud ofComprador has much to be proud of
Would love some advice on a Gallardo from present/past owners..

I am poking around these days looking for a 05-08 Gallardo Coupe.. any advice on years to stay away from in this age range? Also can present/past owners tell me about their driving experience as well as potential service issues? Our dealership closed in CT here last year so service will have to be done in LI.. I drive a F430, Ford GT and a GT3 now for fun so very interested to hear any comparisons.. I am a 3 pedal guy so no eGear for me.. I drove a Gallardo in the Fall and it felt very "bulky".. I told the salesman it felt like I was running a marathon with my ski clothes on.. was that just a first time experience feeling or is that pretty much how it drives (I know it is AWD)?

thanks for any feedback

Old 02-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
Shadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to behold
Your questions and comments are good ones.

Having owned a couple Gallardo’s I can share that they IMO do feel heavy when compared to other gals that you shared however once you have some seat time in one your will likely change the word from heavy to planted; meaning they will take just about all that you toss at them particularly through the twisty roads and rarely create a cause for concern.

They are IMO dependable, have relatively low maintenance needs and associated cost, can be purchased at some smoking deals, stunning to look at, and when exercised very fun to drive.

FYI mine were both manual and my only suggestion would be a 2005 or later with the nose lift system in place.

All the best with your quest; my gut tells me that once you spend time with one and do not find yourself comparing her to the likes of the other examples that you will be all smiles. Each marquee has its own character so do your best to enjoy each for what they are.

Takes care

Shadowman

Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, the 6 speed Manual Gear box for sure..

2005 and later, for the advancements and the front nose lift.

I had FGT as well, could never take it anywhere over night as no where to put luggage..and a bear to park in parking spots with the hugh doors to get in and out..

NOW, you could go the ultimate..

I have this 2010 RWD special edition Balboni for sale....open to offers!!

With the newly done powder coated GOLD wheels are the grey, your choice.

Cats Exotics - 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo Lp550-2 Balboni - Everett, Washington

Attached Images