Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   AMG (https://teamspeed.com/forums/amg/)
-   -   Need some input on the ML63 ASAP! (https://teamspeed.com/forums/amg/73841-need-some-input-ml63-asap.html)

Marc 07-02-2012 02:08 PM

Good Choice Ed. Member ASG612 ditched his late model CTT and hasn't looked back either. I love the CTT but the MB has a better price point and for you made more sense.

asg612 07-03-2012 10:25 PM

Totally Marc - BTW - I'm in Boca until Friday on Business....
Anyway - Read an article in Car and Driver today and they too praised the ML63. I dont understand what the beef is about steering feel at high speeds. I happen to think the ML does (most) everything better than the P CTT -

I am still in love with the ML and I honestly look forward to driving it every day. It really is EXACTLY what a ridiculously powered SUV is supposed to be. The CTT is just trying too hard to be a sports car. I think I've said it before - if you are a single car person - A Cayenne is not a bad choice. If you are blessed with the ability to have options - A 911 and a ML63, to me, make a truly wonderful driving experience.

But then again - what do I really know :-)

I cannot reiterate how much I LOVE the exhaust note and feel of 560 torque. Yes, I look like 27 other moms when I drop my kids off for sports, but i dont give a crap what people think - I hope they think its just like their car. Discretion is the new bling -

FWIW - the Valet and Car Wash guy think my car is pretty cool :-)

Marc 07-05-2012 01:47 PM

^ Thats why you like the G as well it doesn't want to be a sports car !

zzzspeed 07-05-2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by asg612 (Post 1352172)
Totally Marc - BTW - I'm in Boca until Friday on Business....
Anyway - Read an article in Car and Driver today and they too praised the ML63. I dont understand what the beef is about steering feel at high speeds. I happen to think the ML does (most) everything better than the P CTT -

I am still in love with the ML and I honestly look forward to driving it every day. It really is EXACTLY what a ridiculously powered SUV is supposed to be. The CTT is just trying too hard to be a sports car. I think I've said it before - if you are a single car person - A Cayenne is not a bad choice. If you are blessed with the ability to have options - A 911 and a ML63, to me, make a truly wonderful driving experience.

But then again - what do I really know :-)

I cannot reiterate how much I LOVE the exhaust note and feel of 560 torque. Yes, I look like 27 other moms when I drop my kids off for sports, but i dont give a crap what people think - I hope they think its just like their car. Discretion is the new bling -

FWIW - the Valet and Car Wash guy think my car is pretty cool :-)

That article also noted that the CTT was over 1 second slower to 100mph then the X5M and ML63. The CTT did get praises for its steering and handling which I also praised, but without an ecu tune and secondary cat bypass pipes, it really is underwhelming in power. Outside of my GT2, I prefer my cars to be more comfortable, and still very fast.