Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   All Things Apple (https://teamspeed.com/forums/all-things-apple/)
-   -   I need to copy my iTunes off iPhone onto Mac Air that has no music on it (https://teamspeed.com/forums/all-things-apple/63284-i-need-copy-my-itunes-off-iphone-onto-mac-air-has-no-music.html)

.:Raul 08-21-2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ktvegas (Post 1055706)

edit* It has a 100 song limit on the trial version. The license would give you unlimited transfers for $20. Worth it, imo.

Music rescue is only $10

Works like a charm

Control It 08-21-2011 10:23 PM

deleted Music folder from desktop
Created Music Folder via terminal command
then cd /Volumes/IPODNAME/iPod_Control/Music ( I copy and paste name from iTunes and have also renamed the iPhone in iTunes earlier.
then cp -Rp * ~/Desktop/Music/
then I get shell prompt immediately (I think the first time I had done this i could see files being moved or created...now shell prompt comes up immediately and the filer is empty.

Control It 08-21-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by .:Raul (Post 1055842)
Music rescue is only $10

Works like a charm

it's the principal now!

but curious can it be used on two different computers?

Control It 08-21-2011 10:48 PM

deleted the preferences...

failed...

Simba 08-21-2011 10:53 PM

You have spaces and apostrophes in the device name-- those need to be escaped on the command line. See my PM.

Control It 08-21-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Simba (Post 1055895)
You have spaces and apostrophes in the device name-- those need to be escaped on the command line. See my PM.

OK

Marks-MacBook-Air:~ m270$ cd /Volumes/markphone/iPod_Control/Music
-bash: cd: /Volumes/markphone/iPod_Control/Music: No such file or directory
Marks-MacBook-Air:~ m270$

Simba 08-21-2011 11:19 PM

By escaped, I mean the slashes in the command.

Mark's Phone - Not escaped.

Mark\'s\ Phone - Escaped.

Or you can just change the device name to one without spaces and other special characters.

Control It 08-21-2011 11:25 PM

Marks-MacBook-Air:~ m270$ mkdir ~/Desktop/Music
Marks-MacBook-Air:~ m270$ cd /Volumes/markphone/iPod_Control/Music
-bash: cd: /Volumes/markphone/iPod_Control/Music: No such file or directory

======

I changed the iPhone name in iTunes to "markphone"

KT 08-21-2011 11:39 PM

Mark, I feel your frustration..hope you get it worked out. What a pita.

Originally Posted by ljg (Post 1055737)
I don't get why you would need to do this on a regular basis. Don't you sync your phone with your computer? You can also "Transfer Purchases" in iTunes if you manually manage.

I don't get why iTunes makes everything so f-ing difficult. When I sync my phone, nothing transfers and I get the very scary and confusing message before updating

"There are purchased items on the iPhone "Karin's iPhone" that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPhone. Are you sure you want to continue?"

No, I'm not sure. I don't want to risk deleting anything which I know has happened before because there are songs I know I had and they're gone now.

So I sidestepped all that and bought the iRip program. It works.

Control It 08-21-2011 11:59 PM

I have my library backed up on my daughter's computer, I guess I'll sync it when I see her and copy the library to a hard drive or something.

then copy it to two other macs...I think I am allowed to copy MY OWN FING MUSIC...

ripped from CD's ...what a pain in the ass.