Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Turbo weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo weekend

About one year ago a good family friend bought a meteor grey Porsche 997.2 Turbo. He is aware of my huge interest in cars and we emailed quite a lot prior to his purchase. Basically he contacted me in order to get feedback on his ideas regarding extras, color and stuff like that before putting down the order. Obviously with me as his councelor he ended up almost going all out on the extras, except PCCB That means PDK with paddles, Sport Crono, Torque Vectoring etc.

The car was delivered to him about 1 year ago and he has been extremely pleased with everything. Shortly after the car was delivered to him I got an email saying that I could have the car for a weekend as a thanks for my good advice. Needless to say I was very thrilled, especially considering the fastest car I had driven before was our old BMW 740i. With a 286 hp V8 it was a lot of fun but I knew this was gonna be something completely different. So maybe you can imagine my childish joy when we finally settled on a weekend and he gave me the keys to the car of my dreams. All this happend on friday three days ago. The entire afternoon at work was agony and I couldn't get out soon enough to finally drive the car.

At 17pm I quickly walked over to the underground garage with a big smile on my face. I got in the car and started slowly getting the feel of everything while still driving in Stockholm´s inner city. At one time I pushed down the throttle all the way but immediately let it go as I realized the car was too quick for driving in the city. HOLY CRAP! I was seriously scared the first time I felt the insane acceleration. What the hell had I gotten myself into?

So I headed out of town towards our family estate for our annual big family reunion. The way out there was a stretch of high way followed by awesome open country roads with lots of twists and turns What struck me at once was how incredibly intuitive the car was. From breaking to steering and accelerating I got the hang of it more or less immediately. Seriously, a 5 year old could drive this car, it's the easiest car I've ever driven. It's just like playstation. Go as fast as you can, shift with the paddles and no sweat.

Among all the highlights this weekend had to offer for me two things stand out:
1. I have a 11-year old second cousin who's just as big a car nut as I am. I saw his jaw drop when I came cruising with the Porsche and opened the passenger door to ask him if he wanted a ride. The kid had the time of his life There's nothing better than giving a kid the car experience of his lifetime. He will never ever forget about those 15 minutes just like I will never forget this weekend.
2. I let my dad drive the car with me as passenger for a while. I showed him how to activate the launch controle and we did a 0-150 km/h sprint on a stretch of country road. We both laughed until we cried

I could go on and on about this car but I'll post some pictures instead. Hope you like them

Porsche Turbo vs Volvo Valp

Last edited by Ludas; 07-17-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
What a great experience! Hearing stories like this is why I love cars.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
perfect story all throughout
perfect car
perfect guy for this to happen to
and a perfect way to initiate a car enthusiast in your cousin

Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
What an awesome experience you will remember forever.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Just plain amazing. Way to share your joy with others.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:37 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Great story telling, I could imagine how you felt driving the car. Sounds like it was a great experience that's for sure.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
That's great! Glad you had a great time with the car! I'm sure you'll remember that weekend for the rest of your life!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Lucky guy! You gave your friend some great advice on the spec. It looks killer!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
wicked awesome mate!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice of you to help him with the order, and very nice of him to repay you with the car for an entire weekend!!

Car looks sharp, glad (but not surprised) you had fun!!

Quick Reply: Turbo weekend