Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   991 | 997 | 996 Turbo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996-turbo/)
-   -   What Makes a Porsche Unforgettable? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996-turbo/73313-what-makes-porsche-unforgettable.html)

h20skier 06-06-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by astonmartinone77 (Post 1331340)
Idk, I've sort of felt like Porsches were the sort of "chosen ones" of cars. even though they aren't necessarily the best or fastest cars, people seem to just flock to them and swear by them and love them in general.

Im not saying I dislike Porsches, but I can't exactly see why everyone loves them so much.

For example, the GT3, you can buy quite a few better-handling and faster cars for the same price, so It must just be that people developed a liking of hem early on or something.

I honestly don't love Porsches, I just see them as a common car because so many people buy them, I see boxsters and 911s as often as I see Certain cars from Toyota and Honda, let's not forget the Cayenne and Panamera also.

I just think that they aren't as unique of a choice of car. If it was my money, I would buy something a bit less common to be honest.

People want what people want I suppose, that's what makes the world go around.

Ok I'll bite.

WTF are you talking about.

I've been lucky enough to drive a handful of pretty decent hardware.

I don't know that I've driven a better car than my GT3

Please enlighten me on the Quite a Few more.

DO NOT QUOTE SOME POS MAGAZINE

$140k and smooth as silk and invites you to take corners faster at 7600 rpm's.

So perfect.

ECB 06-06-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by h20skier (Post 1331363)
Ok I'll bite.

WTF are you talking about.

I've been lucky enough to drive a handful of pretty decent hardware.

I don't know that I've driven a better car than my GT3

Please enlighten me on the Quite a Few more.

DO NOT QUOTE SOME POS MAGAZINE

$140k and smooth as silk and invites you to take corners faster at 7600 rpm's.

So perfect.

don`t take it all that serious what he posts/posted
he has a ,..let`s say rather limited driving experience,so he can`t really know:dizzy:

but it happens too often lately ,..Mr Astonmartin! ;)

h20skier 06-06-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ECB (Post 1331372)
he has a ,..let`s say rather limited driving experience,so he can`t really know:dizzy:

Is he another 15 year old Sutler?

I can't stand people that spew what they read.

I prefer just to spew what I spew :smilie:

astonmartinone77 06-06-2012 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ECB (Post 1331372)

but it happens too often lately ,..Mr Astonmartin! ;)

Ehh, I'll agree that I haven't driven anything exciting lately. I'm not saying they aren't fun to drive or anything. I was just wondering why people liked them so much.

ˇGracias por la información!

As I said before, people will like what they like, I don't try to change their opinions; I simply try to figure out why they have them. ;)

astonmartinone77 06-06-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by h20skier (Post 1331375)
Is he another 15 year old Sutler?

I can't stand people that spew what they read.

I prefer just to spew what I spew :smilie:

Lol, and FYI... 17, and proud entrepreneur. ;) But I think you guys have heard enough of that...

h20skier 06-06-2012 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by astonmartinone77 (Post 1331379)
Lol, and FYI... 17, and proud entrepreneur. ;) But I think you guys have heard enough of that...

Awe

Got it 17 years old and 1000's of hours in exotics to voice an opinion on how one of the greatest cars in history performs against every other car.

I'll shut my trap. What could I possibly add to this conversation.

astonmartinone77 06-06-2012 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by h20skier (Post 1331444)
Awe

Got it 17 years old and 1000's of hours in exotics to voice an opinion on how one of the greatest cars in history performs against every other car.

I'll shut my trap. What could I possibly add to this conversation.

Well, I actually said the opposite, so I'll try to ignore your condescending tone. :/

I hope you were joking because it's annoying how many seem to automatically act quite hostile with me.

gmaccormack 06-06-2012 08:56 PM

Hey kid get off his lawn.

astonmartinone77 06-06-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by gmaccormack (Post 1331449)
Hey kid get off his lawn.

Sorry Mr. Eastwood.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ino.large1.jpg

Chris from Cali 06-06-2012 09:32 PM

I don't know anyone that's driven a 911 that didn't instantly "get it". Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, drives like a 911. Since the question was what makes Porsches unforgettable (as a brand), I'd say it's one word: engineering.

I've had a few Porsches and been around them all my life. They are so meticulously built, so exactingly detailed, nothing else comes close. There are other cars/brands with more power, flashier doors, etc., more "jewelry", but a bare-bones, manual 911 of just about any vintage is a thing of driving purity.

If you ever hear interviews with old (and new) Porsche race car drivers, they all talk about how solid their car was, how lovely it was to drive. That is the essence of Porsche's brand. I'll be a fan for life.