Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Input - Audemars Piguet Royal Oaks Offshore Panda Edition - Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Input - Audemars Piguet Royal Oaks Offshore Panda Edition - Good price?

A buddy can get me one brand new for $17,700 with box and papers.

There is this place online selling one for $17,999 but I dont know them at all.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Themes Panda 26170ST.OO.D101CR.02

In the classifieds here there is one for $19,500 from The Watch Collection NY

AP is having a 10% price increase in about 10 days I believe.

I really want the watch, but my other 2 watches I bought used because its cheaper and they already had their depreciation from new to used.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
i would jump on $17.7k
are the papers stamped?

in today's dollars, i paid 17.85k for mine from the boutique here last year, june 2010

since then; they have refurbished their store and have implemented the new international pricing

thus, for a brand new unworn, 17.7k is great imho

i was very close to selling mine for 16.5k before i bought a new watch; but since then have decided against it

if you are not hurting, do it bro
we can discuss straps later

Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
note: the 17.85k i paid at the boutique was a very special price for family ties, so even though i paid around 1.8k over what i could have gotten it for, i was glad i went with them since they treated me well for the strap i got + the gp carbon

and here is encouragement/roleplaying the devil on your shoulderName:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1313708075.330625.jpg
Views: 3561
Size:  210.2 KB

Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its a nice watch, why not get a AP Safari ?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Its a nice watch, why not get a AP Safari ?
Funny you say that, as that is the only other one I was looking at. I like the black and white them on the Panda, although I could just change out the band on the Safari.

The JLC has a brown band, SS with some rose gold accents, the daytona is WG, so I thought a black/silver theme watch would compliment the rest nicely.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:27 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I would pick the Safari, it is one of the AP's I would consider in the near future to add to the collection.

I like the simple brown/silver theme. I dont think I can get bored of that easily.

Its your watch and your call, hope you pick whatever suites you and at the end of the day it is an AP and I am sure you will be excited.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks, I do like the safari.

Boursachi, gorgeous AP you have.

Thanks for the input, Im just debating wether I want to buy it new or wait for a used one I can get cheaper.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
i, too, was considering my panda vs a safari
the safari is the watch that actually got me interested in AP in the 1st place, but back then there were a couple of Rolex watches i wanted which i got before i made the jump to AP.
when it was time to make the leap, the Panda and the grey/red dial Titanium came out. and i just KNEW! even then, i had to wait for a whole year until i bought it.
that said, my friend was also in the same boat for the last 6 weeks.
he finally went with a Safari, since we agreed we could switch any time we wanted (he's my best friend).
he paid $16,540 (BNIB, stamped papers) just a few days ago, grey market (not even a store)

what is the price that you cannot turn down for a used one?

this is my friend's safari

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
16,540 is a great price for a new one!

You thinking of selling your panda to me? You should probably upgrade by now

Old 08-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
i agree $16,540 is excellent, with AP boutiques tight as they are nowadays and the swiss franc where it's at.
i did in fact consider parting with my panda for $16.5 before i bought this

but i quickly realized that the panda is just too beautiful, different than the GP, and UNIQUE to sell so i decided to keep it. sorry bro.
but i still think you should do it for 17.7 if you are not hurting.

perhaps it's the currency conversion, but the difference we are discussing is 350 kuwaiti dinars ($1.28k) which is not that much considering the overall price AND the watch in question

good luck with your decision mate
may i also suggest you put up ads of WTB at watch forums (purists, timezone).
if i was in the US i would NEVER buy anything new as it doesn't make sense with some of the deals out there

Quick Reply: Input - Audemars Piguet Royal Oaks Offshore Panda Edition - Good price?