Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

*STRAPS* for AP ROO Titanium -Grey dial-

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
*STRAPS* for AP ROO Titanium -Grey dial-

my friend is finally considering his first AP. after many questions and detailed conversations, he narrowed it down to the Safari, up until he saw the Ti/grey dial in real life

only issue is, and i agree with him, is the bracelet (not a fan of all AP bracelets)

1. to my understanding, if you buy an AP with bracelet, you CANNOT go to a strap; but if you go the other route, you can.
why is that?

2. how is it that the pic attached shows a Ti/grey with a strap? i recognize it as a Survivor strap, and i know the survivor is also a titanium watch; so can you buy a Survivor strap and bolt it on?
if so, what is the difference between Ti cases and SS that you cannot interchange between them

3. if not the survivor strap, what other straps (OEM?) CAN fit the Ti/grey dial? i am not sure what other Ti models are out there with strap

4. any aftermarket straps for the Ti model? if so, what makes them different that they fit?

Attached Images   
Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
no one has any idea?

so there is no strap that would fit a Titanium case other than the Survivor's?

Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
There is a site that specializes in Ap straps. I can't remember it but I'm sure you could google them.

Edit: www.apbands.com

Lots of cool stuff

Last edited by HarveyMushman; 06-17-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
There is a site that specializes in Ap straps. I can't remember it but I'm sure you could google them.

Edit: Audemars Piguet Straps - AP Bands - Straps & Watch Bands For Audemars Piguet Watches

Lots of cool stuff
yup i know of it, and i just sent them an email to ask what straps would fit the Ti ROO in the 1st pic above

thanks a lot bro
i'll keep you guys updated

Old 06-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
UPDATE, APB replied
yes, you may fit a strap on a Titanium watch (or any bought on bracelet ROO)

you will need the conversion kit which include:
1. 4 AP Bands Conversion Kit End Links
2. 2 AP Bands Conversion Kit Bar and Cap Sets
3. AP Bands Conversion Kit Case
4. Bergeon Swiss Made Screwdriver
5. Loctite thread sealant

although they are STEEL, the reviews all agree that you cannot tell the difference once on the Titanium.
and then you choose the strap of your liking whether from AP themselves or APB

i think this changes the WHOLE dynamic of the game
just imagine the Ti grey dial on a RBII lookalike strap

Attached Images   
Old 06-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond repute
The first picture is MichaelC's old picture when he used to have the watch. The survivor strap will match up with any of the 42mm ROO cases, however you will need to buy it with the tang buckle ($670).

I would buy the OEM RBII strap instead- the grey stitching would go perfect with the grey dial. You could also by the titanium plots from AP as well to match. I'd even look at the F1 strap to match the red accents with the red stitch. You can also go oem black hornback with grey, red or white stitching ($521).

Old 06-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
The first picture is MichaelC's old picture when he used to have the watch. The survivor strap will match up with any of the 42mm ROO cases, however you will need to buy it with the tang buckle ($670).

I would buy the OEM RBII strap instead- the grey stitching would go perfect with the grey dial. You could also by the titanium plots from AP as well to match. I'd even look at the F1 strap to match the red accents with the red stitch. You can also go oem black hornback with grey, red or white stitching ($521).
APB offer a tang buckle that will fit for $69
the OEM RBII strap is great, i agree, BUT the one they offer is drilled and thus has a much sportier look to it imho!
+1 on the singapore f1 strap for the ti grey dial. it will look awesome

i would not want to be in my friend's shoes right now
tough decision ahead between the safari vs Ti grey
and then tough decision on which strap to go with first

hope this was educational to some of you as it was for me

Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
ya, the conversion when done all ap(from an ad) from metal to strap is around 1600 usd (which is ridic but hey, what can one do). That said, those guys have it on with apbands.com as they are definitely one of the best for the ROO without a doubt!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Try fitting the GP strap, would look sick with the red details in the dial

Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
ya, the conversion when done all ap(from an ad) from metal to strap is around 1600 usd (which is ridic but hey, what can one do). That said, those guys have it on with apbands.com as they are definitely one of the best for the ROO without a doubt!
whoa, $1600 is that INCLUDING the strap of your choice from an AD? ~$500 in itself

with APB, you would pay 180 for the kit, another 170 for a strap and 70 for the buckle = $420 which is 26% of what you would if you did it the AP way

Quick Reply: *STRAPS* for AP ROO Titanium -Grey dial-