Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

IWC Philippines AD sales help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
IWC Philippines AD sales help needed

Hi guys,

I’m looking for a little advice in my current watch purchase endeavors. I recently discovered an IWC Portuguese Chrono-Automatic Lucerne edition that I fell in love with. This watch was made for Lucerne, a Philippines AD. After searching the internet I found someone who has one (number 13 of 50) and passed along the email address of someone who works for the AD (Lucerne).

After several email conversations I come to find out they have a few left in inventory at the AD but are not willing to sell them internationally. The exact quote was:

“We are not allowed to sell our watches internationally since we are only looking after the Philippine market. Although the IWC Portuguese is a unique piece in the world, we only have a few pieces left, and would like to keep it for our local customers.

I thank you again for your interest, and sorry for not being able to assist you in this transaction.”

So now I’m left pondering what to do. I asked if they have used any local third party escrow companies or would be willing to sell it to my local AD but I ran into a wall again. I have also yet to get them to divulge the retail price too.

I’m a persistent sob so and I’m not willing give up on this yet. I’m thinking of reaching out to the person who put me in contact with the sales rep and already owns this watch and see if they are willing to act as a third party agent for me. I’m a little hesitant on this since I have no idea who this person is in real life. Another thought would try to find a fellow member to do the same, but again it would be the same situation. My second option would be a little vacation to the Philippines.

Thoughts, suggestions, or crazy ideas on next steps appreciated.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
verone24 is an unknown quantity at this point
shoot I want one...how much are they?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
No idea, the salesman wouldn't divulge that info over email. If you find out let me know.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
If you must have it, fly out there. Will probably be a fun experience.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Yea, I'm thinking about it. Round trip tickets are about $1500. I'm in Peru on vacation next month and I will have limited time off for the next few months. My Pfizer project is in the process of offshoring all of their database technology services and it's going to be a challenge for our marketing services group.

Anyone know have any experience with an international escrow company?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Or you can get a Laureus LE for about 5g's

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=3526994&rid=0

Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yea, I've seed that, the Miami Vice , and the green Borris Becker special edition for sale but I'm just favorable towards the Lucerne coloring. My second choice would be the white face, white gold case, and yellow gold numbers.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
For the ammount you may end up spending on that watch, between the actual (over)price + travel costs, I would consider many others.

Goodluck on your pursuit of happiness

Old 12-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
clarkhardball is an unknown quantity at this point

Here you go.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Hey not sure if I can be of any help, but I still got lots of contacts in the Philippines since I used to live there. Also going back there every now and than (next month will be there for 2 weeks) so please let me know if I can be of any help. What a beautiful piece that is.

Quick Reply: IWC Philippines AD sales help needed