Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

recommendations for LA and orange county?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
recommendations for LA and orange county?

I will be traveling to LA and orange county soon. Any recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants around the area within driving distance? thx

Old 10-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Can you be more specific about what you want, where you will be and how much you want to spend? LA/OC is light a 150 mile square area.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
sure. I will be staying in irvine with my gf. I've never been to the area before so I just need some guideline on where to go. what's some gerneral touristy place to visit besides hollywood blvd and beverly hills? any restaurant with good food as long as I don't have to wear a jacket to get in. We love all kind of food.. Italian, french, american, Japanese, chinese, Thai.. no preference on price. We will have a car so we don't mind driving.. I hope this helps.

thx

Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are in Irvine, take the 133 over to Laguna Beach, hang a right on PCH and go to Picayo's or Bandera. Picayo is on your right as you drive North up PCH, off Boat Canyon or something like that. Bandera is in Corona Del Mar once you pull into the actual "city" portion. It is right there on the beach side of PCH and the sign on the restaurant is in large red capital letters. Mongkhut Thai in San Clemente on Del mar street is really great, as is the Fisherman's Wharf on the pier. Good luck, and have a great time!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Gulfstream or Mastro's for good food and people/car watching. They're both almost across the street from each other in Newport Beach where Jamboree meets PCH.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
PM PorscheCarreraGTMay6.

He knows all the dope spots to LA.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
^ Yeah, he has very diversified taste.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
awesome guys! thank you very much... I will definitely check out these place..

Old 10-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Get on the PCH and drive.....you will find tons of cool spots to eat/poeple watch/take pictures/etc

Newport Beach is a cool area....Laguna Beach is also really cool. I also really like Huntington Beach. The downtown area/pier is a fun spot to walk around and get a beer/lunch and just chill.

If you get up north a bit more, take the PCH up into Malibu and on your left hand side you will see a sign for a place called Paradise Cove. AWESOME place to spot cars and to have lunch on the beach. that would be my #1 spot for you to visit (nice drive too!)

Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
richieporter is an unknown quantity at this point
If you get up north a bit more, take the PCH up into Malibu and on your left hand side you will see a sign for a place called Paradise Cove. AWESOME place to spot cars and to have lunch on the beach. that would be my #1 spot for you to visit (nice drive too!)
Definitely second the drive out to Malibu. Amazing views, crazy houses.

I personally love The Counter. Its all about the Horseradish Cheddar cheese. Every time I've eaten there I left euphoric over how good my burger was.

Quick Reply: recommendations for LA and orange county?