Notices
The Teamspeed Music Forum General Music Discussions, Trends, Instruments, Equipment, Pro Audio, Driving Music, & More.

RockSmith

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
RockSmith

I have never said this about a game, let alone a console game; but damn... This is worth every penny.

If you enjoy guitar, and had a passing interest in guitar hero or rock band; there is now a "real deal", music game: Rocksmith.

Rocksmith | Ubisoft | Home

I am utterly shocked to say that I had to fight myself to stop playing and go to friggin bed.

This is a rare case of truth in advertising. You will learn to play, if you don't already know how. And if you do know how to play, it will give you a chance to get better.

I stopped play a lot back in 2007 because of an injury. So I struggle to make it through just one song, even now. This "game" really gives me a format that holds my attention, and doesn't give me the feeling of mindless droning practice. The visual format, the "technique challenges"; all, extremely useful tools.

Now to mention, it is just down right fun, in a way no plastic five button guitar can be.

I literally plugged in my Les Paul, tuned up (this game is religious about keeping you in tune), and got into it. I even bought my 6 year old daughter her own Fender Strat in pink (in kid scale). We can play/learn together.

Just had to get that off my chest, since I rarely feel compelled to review stuff like this.