Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Anyone smoke any good cigars lately?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got around to smoking that tonight. Bear with me since I'm still a noob to stogies. I found the stick to be good; not one of my all time favorites. Started out very nice with a peppery, nutty and leathery taste with a good draw. Last 1/3 started to get somewhat bitter. I'm taking notes on what you guys are recommending to refine my taste, which currently consists of Rockey Patel, Paratagas and Commachos.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
Finally got around to smoking that tonight. Bear with me since I'm still a noob to stogies. I found the stick to be good; not one of my all time favorites. Started out very nice with a peppery, nutty and leathery taste with a good draw. Last 1/3 started to get somewhat bitter. I'm taking notes on what you guys are recommending to refine my taste, which currently consists of Rockey Patel, Paratagas and Commachos.
You sound like an Aficionado already! Try one of these when you get a chance, its a Hoyo de Monterrey Reposado en Cedros. It is new from the Hoyo line, and is now one of my new favorites. It all depends on what your palate likes, but I think you will enjoy this one.Name:  IMG00011-20110106-2015.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  82.9 KBSorry for the BlackBerry poor picture quality.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Mind sharing your notes on it?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
^^^Mind sharing your notes on it?
I smoked the Robusto size, which was perfectly constructed with an impeccable draw. The burn was fairly straight, and required no "touch ups". This cigar has a cedar sleeve, and goes through a process called "immersion" which makes cedar a very pronounced flavor. The smoke is not one dimensional, as caramel and pepper become very prominent into the second 1/3. I highly recommend this cigar!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
^ Don't get the Esplendidos, an overrated and overpriced cigar IMO. The Siglo VIs are a better cigar (albeit still expensive at around $18 a stick).
Totally overrated.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
About to clip and light this La Flor Dominicana Ligero, in the toro size. If anyone likes a full bodied NC cigar, this is a great choice. If you are new to cigars, dont start with this one, as it will be a bit too strong for you. Name:  IMG00063-20110204-2345.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  53.5 KB

Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
when I play poker I have been picking up some acids, fun cigars. Smoked an ashton heritage the other night and actually found the 1926;s the other night at the cigar shop.... spendy stick. some of the new drew estate sticks sound like a fun cigar to have. When summer hits I will start having more and more.... maybe get my way up to a good cigar that UBC reccomends.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by eddiecut
when I play poker I have been picking up some acids, fun cigars. Smoked an ashton heritage the other night and actually found the 1926;s the other night at the cigar shop.... spendy stick. some of the new drew estate sticks sound like a fun cigar to have. When summer hits I will start having more and more.... maybe get my way up to a good cigar that UBC reccomends.
I have had the Acid Kuba Kuba a couple of times, its definitely an acquired taste. If you are going to have anything from Drew Estate, you should try a Liga Privada. It is not a flavor infused cigar, but it is excellent. When working your way to the Cubans, UBC is the man!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
They didn't have the diamond crowns when I was in Vegas, I ended up trying a Rocky Patel decade. Good medium body, earthy but not overpowering. Not the greatest ever but a decent smoke.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by big_slacker
They didn't have the diamond crowns when I was in Vegas, I ended up trying a Rocky Patel decade. Good medium body, earthy but not overpowering. Not the greatest ever but a decent smoke.
The Decade is a very good smoke, Im glad you finally got to celebrate. Congrats again on your newborn son!

Quick Reply: Anyone smoke any good cigars lately?