Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 911 GT3 RS rumored to lap the Ring' in 7:20

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:39 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2015 911 GT3 RS rumored to lap the Ring' in 7:20

Name:  Porsche-991-GT3-RS.jpg
Views: 2151
Size:  166.4 KB

2015 911 GT3 RS rumored to lap the Ring' in 7:20

The web is abuzz with reports (or shall we say rumors) this week that the soon to be revealed Porsche 911 GT3 RS has clocked in a 7 minute, 20 second Nürburgring Nordschleife lap time.

This would make the 991 variant of the GT3 RS a whopping 13 seconds quicker than the previous generation limited edition 911 GT3 RS 4.0! We'll find out all the details soon enough as the official world premier will take place just before the Paris Motor Show which kicks off October 4th.

As a refresher Porsche's range-topping supercar the 918 Spyder lapped the 'Ring in 6:57.

Source [Worldcarfans]

Old 09-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I just gave up my RS allocation today in favor of a '15 Gt3. November build. Looks like early JAN delivery..perfect time for upstate, NY...lol
I went agate with the lightweight buckets, lift and frills. I think I will enjoy it and use it more on the street than a raw RS with few creature comforts. I must be getting old. It will look like this with clear sidemarks of course. This is a guy from rennlist. Hope he doesn't mind me posting his car pic.

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't know how you guys in the u.s can order an rs before the launch is official? you cant even get one in the uk, unless your pretty much invited!!

Old 09-17-2014, 08:21 AM
CH.
Teamspeed Senior Member
CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by rockitman
I just gave up my RS allocation today in favor of a '15 Gt3. November build. Looks like early JAN delivery..perfect time for upstate, NY...lol
I went agate with the lightweight buckets, lift and frills. I think I will enjoy it and use it more on the street than a raw RS with few creature comforts. I must be getting old. It will look like this with clear sidemarks of course. This is a guy from rennlist. Hope he doesn't mind me posting his car pic.
Gorgeous car, congrats!!!

Which lightweight buckets do you mean? 918-style or the 997 GT2 -alike seats?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Hey DJ where did you get this info from about the 4.0 lap time? the 997 GT2 RS lapped in 7:24 and i believe the RS 4.0 in 7:27

Any idea what the regular 991 GT3 laps in?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished road
the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is 7:27 with MSC 1 tyres and less than 7:25 in the last MSC II tyres.

so, it's around 5 seconds quicker.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CH.
Gorgeous car, congrats!!!

Which lightweight buckets do you mean? 918-style or the 997 GT2 -alike seats?
only the 918 bucket style are offered. The GT2 style seats on the tech equip site are ROW (folding backs) and will not be offered to US. Porche will be removing them from the site according to Suncoast.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:33 PM
CH.
Teamspeed Senior Member
CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by rockitman
only the 918 bucket style are offered. The GT2 style seats on the tech equip site are ROW (folding backs) and will not be offered to US. Porche will be removing them from the site according to Suncoast.
Thx for your replay.

Car will look ace with those 918 bucket seats!!!

Still, it remains strange to see them on the US CC, you'd expect them only for ROW like the fixed buckets we saw in the 997 GT3's.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by CH.
Thx for your replay.

Car will look ace with those 918 bucket seats!!!

Still, it remains strange to see them on the US CC, you'd expect them only for ROW like the fixed buckets we saw in the 997 GT3's.
I am surprised too. Perhaps the integrated airbags get them through US DOT.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by goldencrust
I don't know how you guys in the u.s can order an rs before the launch is official? you cant even get one in the uk, unless your pretty much invited!!
Not order, get an allocation with some degree of certainty. My guess,...March until you can configure.

Quick Reply: 2015 911 GT3 RS rumored to lap the Ring' in 7:20