Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Green Machine: All the Shades of Green Offered by Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
summax is an unknown quantity at this point
one more try.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by summax
one more try.
Very nice and welcome to TS.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Manks
Hi All

My name is Manks, nice to meet you all.

Can I just say what a great thread this is. Green is an under-rated colour for Porsches and I can see it making a comeback. I am currently contemplating a new green 997, and it will be a classic colour.

Here are a couple more green snaps for you:

This is Lindgrun metallic.

... and I THINK this is, but I am open to offers on it being something else.

I am not sure what this is:

I am seriously considering a Carrera S in the colour of 1. above.

Manks
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Manks: Thanks for the pics. Lindgrün is of course German for "Lime Green". Lime Green was a color offered by Porsche from 1974-1977 (color code 137) and Lime Green Metallic was offered in 1976 (color code L96N). Given that the cars above are all 911SCs, which didn't start production until 1978, that may not actually be Lime Green. The first car looks like it could be Silver Green, a 928 color. And that would fit with the time period. The third car could be Green Metallic, which was an earlier color, but that could be a paint to sampel job. Little known fact, the last 928 ever produced was a paint to sample Lime Green Metallic.

Silver Green

The above 911SC
1978 928 is Lindgrün Metallic which was a standard color on the 928 for model year 1978.

These two cars look like a color that was called "Apple Green Metallic" I think......

This 928 is also Lindgrün Green Metallic (It's labeled wrong on the Aussie website):

same as:

As for the last US 928 (last built for the US, not the last built as Porsche AG kept it for the museum) the color is called Pearlglanz Metallic or Pearl Green Metallic.

Last edited by LRDog; 02-02-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Carrera44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Forest Green ?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera44
Forest Green ?

Wow - that is GORGEOUS. Turbo 3.6s are just so amazing in any color!!

Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
petri is on a distinguished roadpetri is on a distinguished road
My "Green Afterburner", Strosek 911 Turbo is Signal Green, which differs from 997 GT3 RS green (I don't know the code of RS green, but Signal Green is more bright than new RS green as I found out when comparing it to my friends 997RS). Picture is from "Green Hell" Nürburgring Nordschleife this year appr. 2 weeks ago.

Here is enclosed some pics of it and some other cars of mine:
Owner's Gallery Profile of Petri S. K. Ilmarinen

Last edited by petri; 06-17-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I'll see your Lindgrün Green Metallic, and raise you Nephrite Green.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
Great post and there are some of my favorites listed there!!!

Great work!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
pjrebordao is an unknown quantity at this point
Lime green

My very own 74' lime green (137)

Attached Images   
Old 10-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
empireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura about
GT3 MK II Order in individual colour

hello all

I'm on the way to order may new porsche and wanted to order the car in a special green.

My question now is what is the difference between lime green (N8V9), lindgrün(226) and gelbgrün (137) in the brackets are the codes for these colours!

Or are some of them identical?

As well there is a colour called "chartreuse" that looks similiar too.

Plesae can somebody help is there a picture where you could see the differences somewhere? who is the colour crack oh the baord and could
help with sorting out the difficulties.

thank you for your help

regards

Quick Reply: Green Machine: All the Shades of Green Offered by Porsche