Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Formula 1 - 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eric_H is an unknown quantity at this point
6th place for Haas in their 1st race was not that bad! I understand 1st race of the season there were more fall outs perhaps than "normal" which elevates their position but... not a bad showing.

I am glad Fernando made it out alive from participating in the first ever collision / accident with a Haas car.

Vettel sure was friendly with Mark Webber during the awards ceremony. Not what a recall when they were team mates. lol

The new qualifying... ok ... it wasn't broken last year but I guess now it increases the chances that a normal front runner will screw up and be further back in the pack - causing more "excitement" during the race as they make up their positions.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Rob99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The new qualifying format remains after bosses failed to agree on a change for the next race in Bahrain.
Haas team F1 debut was impressive, which can expect more.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Points again for ‪‎Haas_F1‬. Romain Grosjean finishes fifth in the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Whhhhooooot! So far so good! Only one car finished but hey.. beggars can't be choosers. The 1st pit stop ever was great too... the 2nd not so good. Has a brand new team started off so well before?

Old 04-18-2016, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Romain Grosjean confronted Marcus Ericsson after Turn 1 front wing contact (worst birthday ever)

Old 05-17-2016, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
OMG last weekend's race was a DOOSIE!

This is an awesome analysis of the wreck.
https://streamable.com/ys32

How can a driver tell if a front wing overlaps their rear tire looking in a tiny mirror? But I agree with the stewards 100% for once. HAM attempted a passing move with a low chance of a safe outcome unless ROS left him room that he wasn't obligated to leave and paid the price. ROS closed the door too late and paid the price for it too. Two drivers making poor spit second decisions.

It is easy to analyze post race and I wasn't the one driving. But, as to what could HAM have done: later in the race RIC attempted a pass on VET and locked up, VET didn't close the door on him like he was allowed to and risked being passed to be able to finish the race. Yes ROS/HAM was much more compressed time wise and there might not have been time for HAM to switch to the outside... but ROS was already going off the racing line to defend to the inside when HAM committed to going further inside. Seems like a low percentage move to me and you are depending on the other driver to just give up a position.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Eric_H
OMG last weekend's race was a DOOSIE! This is an awesome analysis of the wreck. https://streamable.com/ys32
Great analysis: Rosberg was correcting the settings and lost track in the meantime - only autopilot; annoying but an race accident, no intention.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Well, this weekend the season is over. IMO Rosberg deserves the win but wow if Hamilton didn't mess up so many starts he would have it - I think in a one on one race scenario Hamilton is a better driver but you have to be the full package and be able to get your car off the line to be the 'best' of the season! + Luck of having the fastest car (Mercedes)+ Luck of not too many break downs.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Finishing third will be enough, so looks good for Rosberg.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Well that did it. Wow... what a year! Then to end it with the big bomb from Rosberg (retirement). Wish it didn't happen but oh well, nothing wrong with shaking up next year a little bit. Normal crazy season driver switching + some technical changes that will make for better racing in 2017!

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2016