Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari addresses F60's glitches

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari addresses F60's glitches

Ferrari engineers are addressing a number of technical issues on its new F60 after the team admitted it had some “small problems” during the car’s initial shakedown.

Ferrari became the first team to launch a 2009-spec Formula 1 car on Monday, rolling out a KERS-equipped F60 at Mugello in Italy.

In a meeting on Tuesday, attended by Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, the team’s engineers began solving the F60’s glitches as part of the first steps in the car’s development programme.

The F60’s next track appearance will be at the Portimao test circuit in Portugal where it will come face-to-face with the 2009 offerings from McLaren, Renault, Toyota and Williams.
The Scuderia is eager to make the most of its track time before the in-season testing ban restricts development of the new car.

Chief aerodynamicist Nikolas Tombazis believes success will rest on improving the car quickly before the start of the season.

“Many rules, as far as the aerodynamics are concerned, are completely new,” Tombazis said at the Ferrari launch.

“The speed of development will be the main issue.

“Whoever knows how to develop faster will be better than the others.

“We can work on the development in the Fridays at every GP.

“Before the season there's still some good margin and if we're ahead at the first race, it means that we can keep our cool."

Tombazis added that the F60 will not only be much improved by the first race but will also look very different compared to the car that debuted at Mugello.

"The F60 will be very much overhauled for the first GP,” he said.

“We want to resolve all the issues as far as the mechanics and the reliability are concerned.

“We also want to maximise the aerodynamic development.

“I can confirm that also visibly the car will be really different at the first race."

Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a regulation on rear wing size now and that's why it looks so stupid and small??

Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
TT,

Yes there is, and that is why it is so small and high up.

I am curious if the new position is in "cleaner" air and able to produce similar results. I assume so, but that is just my thinking.

Wilson

Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yonder
TT,

Yes there is, and that is why it is so small and high up.

I am curious if the new position is in "cleaner" air and able to produce similar results. I assume so, but that is just my thinking.

Wilson

That's true it'll make overtaking and drafting easier