Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Spy Shots: Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera Spyder?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Spy Shots: Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera Spyder?

Some notes from me - seems that they are milking the Gallardo as hard as they can before replacing it, this project appeared so fast that I haven't heard anything about it. And also Lambo can delay the Murcielago successor launch till Geneva 2011 if they will decide to launch this one at Paris this fall. Now lets get to the article and pics:

Spy Shots: Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera Spyder caught testing?

Obvious lengthy name jokes aside, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera is one heck of a performance machine. It's all about saving weight when it comes to this car ("Superleggera," after all, means "super light"), so it strikes us as something of a surprise to see this prototype of a Spyder version out testing on the Nürburgring.

Most noticeably, the hardtop Superleggera's rear wing is gone, but the large front spoiler and rear diffuser make it clear that this Gallardo means business. Besides, Lamborghini has been known to keep weight under control with its Erector Set roof assemblies, so we'd expect the Superleggera Spyder to generate the same sort of super lightweight thrills with a whole lot more wind in your hair.

Expect to see the Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera Spyder (now that's a mouthful) at the Paris Motor Show later this year. For now, click through our gallery below for the full raft of high-res spy shots:

Spy Shots: Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera Spyder caught testing? — Autoblog

Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
ill take one in VERDE ITHACA thank you very much

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I would rather have the hardtop.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
dyvatvol15 is on a distinguished roaddyvatvol15 is on a distinguished road
I remembered when Winkelmann told something like "the character of Superleggera isn't for open version"

Old 06-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
canyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enough
So were not going to see the Jota until Geneva 2011? That sucks.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hey Dimitri, good spot!

My VI SL is due to clear production on 16th July - asked about going to the factory to see it but told that the factory is closed for visits until Sep/Oct i.e. until the M replacement is in the public domain - I would still bet on the V12 on show this autumn.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be pretty surprised if they really did build a drop-top version.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'd be pretty surprised if they really did build a drop-top version.
I wouldn't be - where F are leading at the mo (a la 16M), L are following. I talked to one of their Italian Marketing guys on the stand at Geneva a few months ago and he told me that they would string the G out for 2 more years i.e. 2wd regular cars, 570 Spyder, 590 SV?? No replacement until March 2012 at Geneva at best

Last edited by GT3ZZZ; 06-29-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:16 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Have aproximately same information - no G-replacement until 2012. May be things will change, but do not expect it until late next year at earliest.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Dyvatvol15, that is exactly what I was going to say!I have always wanted a drop-top version of the superleggera and a did a few photoshops of what a LP570-4 SL Spyder might look like a few years ago. Ferrari has the 16M, so Lambo has been missing a lightweight drop-top from its lineup. I didnt think that they would actually make it a reality though!

Quick Reply: Spy Shots: Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera Spyder?