Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Ford 6.2 SVT Raptor Crew Cab. Anyone? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Ford 6.2 SVT Raptor Crew Cab. Anyone? Anyone?

Anyone have one? Gimme the skinny! Thinking about this as a replacement for the Subaru.

Lemme first say that I am NOT a truck/SUV guy. But after moving out to the farm-land boonies, everyone and their inbred cousin have one and they're starting to grow on me. That being said, the only one I'd ever consider is the Raptor.

Checked one out last weekend. Only one within a 100 mile radius, so they felt the need to mark it up $14K over sticker (LOL) with 250 miles on the clock.

Plasticky interior (it's a truck, it's a Ford. 'Nuff said). Despite the 411hp/432tq, it's still a pig, albeit a slightly faster pig than most other trucks. It might get 11mpg on a 28gal tank. Combined with a minimum 40 mile daily commute = hurt on the wallet. It's an automatic...yuck. I can see boredom setting in fast.

Upsides? It's a baaaaaaaaaaad veeeeehicle. Again, I'm not a truck guy, but this thing has a presence. It's pretty damn comfortable. Kinda nice to climb into a car and not have to bend and contort. My wife would finally be able to drive one of my cars (last 3 have been 6 speeds). With another baby on the way and the need for two kiddie seats, my car is gonna need more space. This thing could easily carry us and all our chit.

Thinking white without the silly decals. Or black...but the thought of maintaining a black car this size....yeeesh.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Keep the Subie and teach the wife to drive a stick.

Yes, it's a badass truck but if you think you'll get bored with it, why bother?

It'd be worth more consideration if you were turning your Turbo into a full-on race car and needed a tow vehicle, however.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
If you're going to get a truck, this is the one. A buddy of mine has one and he's got it all tricked out, but he rides the dunes. What subaru are you replacing?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Keep the Subie and teach the wife to drive a stick.

Yes, it's a badass truck but if you think you'll get bored with it, why bother?

It'd be worth more consideration if you were turning your Turbo into a full-on race car and needed a tow vehicle, however.
Wifey learning to drive stick is not likely gonna happen. She has enough trouble with automatics. Plus, that's only one issue. The Scoob is nice, but with 2 small kids, it just may not cut it space-wise. My wife has an SUV, but she told me that I'll have to haul the kids in my car once in a while after #2 is born.

Yeah, I'll most likely get bored with it. But life is about compromises, Alex. When you have kids, you make more than you ever had to before.

And yes, it does leave the option as a tow-vehicle....

Originally Posted by Scott Davis
If you're going to get a truck, this is the one. A buddy of mine has one and he's got it all tricked out, but he rides the dunes. What subaru are you replacing?
Like I said, if I were to get a truck, this would be the only one I'd consider. 2011 WRX STI sedan would have to go.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
They're awesome. Have a good ammount of miles driven on one of my buddies. You have to off road it. You can't keep it on road.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
What about a Tahoe with the Z71 package? My father has an LTZ and I love it.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor
NAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond repute
Your best bet is to ask the owners - NAV-TV is sponsor of this forum dedicated to Ford Raptors -

It is one hell of a truck just to let you know

Old 06-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bkagan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I can say that Ford makes a great truck, I own a 2007 F150 and 2002 F350 and both have been reliable and enjoyable to own. As far as getting bored, there is something about driving a truck that simply puts you at ease cruising around, having a good view of everything, and always being comfortable. With that being said, I have been in a Raptor a view times and have been impressed. The interior finish (although plasticy) is actually pretty nice, no rattles, no unfinished edges. The power delivery for a pig is not something to ignore, especially in the truck world, and yes you can jump it off stuff!!!

If you want something that really makes for a fun trucks,consider a banks modded F250. You can get a used King Ranch, spend a few thousand and you'll be the fastest most comfortable thing on the road, with better MPG than a Raptor. If you are going to stick in this size, this is hands down the best truck, although my 07 does keep me plenty happy.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good in only one color. Black and it needs a bull bar too.

Now because I am biased, I have to suggest a Taco

Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Everytime I see one, I want one. It would be overkill for me, but it is soooo badd ass, as you mentioned. You have to consider that at its ride height, it will be difficult to put the kids in their car seats and buckle them up. That will get old really quick.
The mpg on the commute will get old really quick also, unless its a fun offroading commute.
But it is a really sweet truck, so live and learn and let us know how you like it.

Quick Reply: Ford 6.2 SVT Raptor Crew Cab. Anyone? Anyone?