Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Amazing McLaren F1 spotted

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Got to see one in Silver, 10 years ago never seen another one since that day very rare.
Saw one in West London six years ago. An image printed indelibly in my mind.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:38 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Saw one in West London six years ago. An image printed indelibly in my mind.
The one I saw was in a showroom in london as well, it was staged in the centre with the background of many F1 cars "Merc" etc. I cant remember the place wasnt too far from Mayfair/Knightsbride area.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

The one I saw was in a showroom in london as well, it was staged in the centre with the background of many F1 cars "Merc" etc. I cant remember the place wasnt too far from Mayfair/Knightsbride area.
Silver? Up on a dais in the showroom, right there on the street corner? On Park Lane between Hard Rock Cafe and Marble Arch?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Question

Bump! Curious if it was the same one...

Old 05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Best car ever built - PERIOD.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Zorro
There's an article somewhere on the web of the Collier Collection (not sure about the name) road tripping his McLaren from FL to MT (or Idaho, can't remember). As he approaches a construction zone and drives through gravelly muddy roads, he just thinks of the 70k paint job and 35k windhsield ...

I remember reading that. It was hilarious and gut wrenching at the same time to think about driving over the make-shift path they prepped for him to get through.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
EVO
Teamspeed Senior Member
EVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond reputeEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I read that Mclaren had a showroom on Park Lane but they closed it in 2004. The grey Mclaren F1 they had there was sold to some guy in Singapore then sold for £2.530.000 in London 2008. Pricey

RM Auctions

Last edited by EVO; 05-21-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
AxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really nice
oooh great pictures!! I was delighted to see Ralph Lauren's McLaren in Boston a few years ago, a day I won't forget!

Chris

Old 05-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LittleJohny is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mike S
Thanks for the pics, that McLaren F1 was in quite a bad accident and costed the owner a good sum to fix it.
Yup...

note the matching license plates...

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/mclare...0226_002.shtml

Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
ollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud of
i saw that very car in Melbourne a few years ago at the GP, absolutely blew me away, such an amazing feat of engineering.

Quick Reply: Amazing McLaren F1 spotted