Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS will be out in Geneva?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
991 GT3 RS will be out in Geneva?

Also anyone heard anything about 991 GT2 besides the fact that they might not be doing it?

If they won't do any more GT2's... In my opinion, they HAVE TO turbocharge the GT3 RS to be able to compete the new McLaren and Ferrari coming out next year (they will both be turbocharged around 670 - 700 hp). If they will do a GT2, then it is another story..

What you guys say?

Old 02-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
gt3 rs will be at geneva wich i will be attending !! from what i hear the gt2 is dead and there is a 458 killer on the way. it is the reason why they won't build a gt2 anymore. like building a cayman turbo s and killing the 911 range.. gt3 rs and turbo s are the top dogs in the 911 range now.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
the turbo will always be there to compete, its not about raw speed with a rs.....it stands for a different meaning in the range !

Old 02-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^ i agree but i think there won't be a gt2 anymore.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
458 speciale is already quicker than 991 turbo on most tracks.. So, Porsche have to come up with something in order to compete the new turbo ferrari which is supposed to be much faster than the speciale.. And I do not think a little bit tuned up 991 gt3 rs would be the answer. Should be a gt2 or a turbocharged gt3 rs with some decent power increase (at least 650hp).

Originally Posted by goldencrust
the turbo will always be there to compete, its not about raw speed with a rs.....it stands for a different meaning in the range !

Old 02-03-2015, 04:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Basically I think you're right. But we should not forget two things:
1) As Chris Harris taught us, most press cars Ferrari give to Journalists etc. are not exactly standard. I am pretty sure, there is still some kind of discrepancy between those and what customers get.
2) Equally it's nothing new that that new Ferraris mostly are more powerful than their Porsche equivalent. Porsche's high end cars have always been more adaptive, gave more feedback and were more reliable. There is no other car out there, that sustains intense track driving as well as a GT3.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ClaNie is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't worry! Porsche will compete against McLaren and Ferrari (as they always did)! Please note, that the Porsche GT3 has 90HP less than the Ferrari 458 and it is $100,000.00 less, but still 3 seconds faster on the Nordschleife!!! Try to beat that Ferrari and McLaren!

Don't focus too much on the amount of horsepower! Less power doesn't mean less performance.

It could happen, that Porsche will not make another generation of GT3, but a GT2 only (because of the turbochargers). Besides that they have already confirmed to release a new model 960 which has a flat 8 cylinder mid engine and around 600-700HP. It will be placed between the GT3RS and the 918.

Please don't be concerned that Porsche might not catch up with their competitors! There is no reason for that!

Have a nice weekend everybody!

Old 02-22-2015, 04:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
poped into my dealer yesterday as my partners macan is due anytime now and had a long conversation with my manager/friend and asked him what was happening with rs order's he seemed to think that regular customers wont be able to get near a car! as all of our allocation which is normally around 5 cars will be going to the spyder customers. he may get 1 more as a good will gesture,i'm sure like many customers around the world who have been Porsche people as I have for 18 years it's not what you want to here,ive had 6 gt3/rs over that period and that doesn't seem to count! I know some of these cars will go to people who aren't really rs customers and flip them for a profit, something that Porsche gb has always been dead against! as they should go to the right people. I appreciate if you've slashed out on a spyder you expect a little extra,but build a separate allocation for the regular guys who have supported the brand.....at the end of the day they have the parts and its built on the line......don't loose your real customers Porsche!!

Old 02-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ do u need a rhd?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yes please and open spec

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS will be out in Geneva?