Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my RS to Autobahn, Road America, and Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Took my RS to Autobahn, Road America, and Mosport

Well me and a few good buddies of mine did our annual mancation, which are few are still on. my trip ended at mosport while they continued on to calabogie, tremblant, and njmp. i had a blast as always and the RS ran great everyday at every track despite battling over 100 degree temps Autobahn.

3000 towing miles, 1000 track miles, changed brake fluid once, went thru 2 sets of tires, and a set of front pads, and i'll do it all over again anytime

Here are a few videos from the trip, and I'm still downloading a couple more. This one is randy on toyos being harassed by our buddy clarke on hoosiers

we only had one day here but this was my best time dealing with the unbearable heat

Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
a few from road america

clarke getting sideways in the kink and and canada corner

here a turbo throws fluid all over the RS train

and this has become my favorite camera view while on the track. we didnt do this until the end of our 4 days at road america. it wasnt our best driving but it was fun to play cat and mouse as we both had camera's mounted on the back of our cars

Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
So you were one of the lucky ones who didn't go through a set of rotors at Road America?

All of those tracks are on my bucket list.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
nope im not that hard on brakes. there were at least 15 3.8 RS's at road america. one did a money shift, lost the engine. another one lost its pressure plate, and one more busted its radiator.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
looks like you had lots of fun there.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
fun fun fun
thank you for post'n...

Which was your favorite?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jenk12m
nope im not that hard on brakes. there were at least 15 3.8 RS's at road america. one did a money shift, lost the engine. another one lost its pressure plate, and one more busted its radiator.
Were you at Road America when the Meteor Grey 997.1 Turbo with the EVT775 kit and Vorsteiner body kit hit the wall a couple of weeks ago?

BTW, looks like you were having a lot of fun out there. Nice driving! I love that track.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
I've been following pretty closely on RL - did Clarke get the RS fixed? Shame to have a $$$$ shift on such a nice car.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Were you at Road America when the Meteor Grey 997.1 Turbo with the EVT775 kit and Vorsteiner body kit hit the wall a couple of weeks ago?

BTW, looks like you were having a lot of fun out there. Nice driving! I love that track.
yup i was there, he cut a tire going down one of the straights

there was also a new boss mustang that rolled at turn 1. thankfully he had a full cage in the car

Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Guest
I've been following pretty closely on RL - did Clarke get the RS fixed? Shame to have a $$$$ shift on such a nice car.
not yet, his regular 3 is still running strong with him and his girlfriend co-driving. she's getting fast too

Quick Reply: Took my RS to Autobahn, Road America, and Mosport