Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Market price of 996 GT2/3

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Market price of 996 GT2/3

So the the E90 M3 will be posted for a lease swap this week, and I am thinking about the 996 GT car again. My last 996 GT2 is still the best car I have ever had.

I am looking for stock and bright color 2 or 3 but the prices are all over the place, so I was wondering if some of you have some idea about this.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I have many thoughts about the GT2. I just have to make more money. For me its 2 all day, but everyone else is 3. I know you already had a 2, but ever driven a 3? Which one are you learning towards?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I have many thoughts about the GT2. I just have to make more money. For me its 2 all day, but everyone else is 3. I know you already had a 2, but ever driven a 3? Which one are you learning towards?
I have driven the 3. Not as much power as the 2, slightly lighter, about just as loud, and not as luxo as the 2 (mine was full leather, including the cupholder faceplate, lol).

The one lesson I learned from DD'ing the last 2 is that I should get one this time with stock seats and not the one piece seats. For DD and occasional track, it's just too much of a pain in the ass. The fact that the one piece seat back does not fold forward really limits its daily utility.

I much prefer the look of the 2. But though the plan is to get a 430 in a few years, I realized that part of the car ADD I have had in the past few years is because none of the cars I have had since the GT2 could really deliver the driving experience. And now that we have a perfect family car, yes, the CTSV wagon is perfect in this regard, the M3 sedan has become superfulous.

I am considering the 3 because it is much cheaper, and an unmodded to hell 2 is pretty difficult to find unless it's some 4000 mile garage queen which I am not willing to pay for.

Ideally either the 2 or 3 should have less than 30K miles or so so that it has been driven enough so that warranty items have been addressed from normal use, and are not too expensive because miles seem to kill resale on these cars.

I know about that red 3 in AZ, don't know what's up with the mounting holes where the rollcage used to be, they could at least buy a new carpet and cover it back up.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
interesting....
why do you want to ditch the M3?

I`d go for the GT2...I really prefer its looks over the GT3 on the 996 platform

Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
My silver 2004 3 sold last January for $52k here in LA. All the regular upgrades (bar, seats, etc.) A yellow 3 of same year just sold here in LA for between $48-$52k, but this car was pretty damn clean and had significant upgrades. I think between $40-50k ought to be good for a 996 3 now.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Seth Thomas is on a distinguished roadSeth Thomas is on a distinguished roadSeth Thomas is on a distinguished road
Sold my 2005 996 GT3 in June for $64K. Had the typical upgrades on it with 8500 miles. At the time I sold it cars with more miles and more track time were being sold for $55K to $60K. I would say depending on what you are looking for in the car they could be found in the $50K to $60K range with some high mileage cars in the sub $50K range.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
My silver 2004 3 sold last January for $52k here in LA. All the regular upgrades (bar, seats, etc.) A yellow 3 of same year just sold here in LA for between $48-$52k, but this car was pretty damn clean and had significant upgrades. I think between $40-50k ought to be good for a 996 3 now.
Was there any issues during your ownership of the 3? What would you advise that I look for in a 3 and problems to watch out for?

My 2 was as reliable as a Toyota, and I put 36K in 3 years!.

And yes, I know I need to keep a supply of lower lip front spoiler if I am going to DD it.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Is this guy smoking something good wanting 70K for a 15K mile 2004?

2004 Porsche 911 GT3, $69,970 - Cars.com

Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
tincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enough
Any pictures of the old 2? That car must have been awesome to daily.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: Market price of 996 GT2/3