Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

E30 is a live!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
E30 is a live!

And yet still a work in progress, old ass car.

The interior looks nice and shiny and new.

I especially like the new dash that uses the modern car compound instead of the crappy 80's vinyl taht cracks. I only wish I did it back when I first got the car. A stupid dash back then was 400 bucks instead of 1100 something out the door today.

And apparently BMW has a 4 lug 15" OEM rim for Europe, which is still available at a good price, so that is on the things to be replaced, seeing as though 14" stickier tires are getting harder to find. Yoko apparently discontinued ES100 in this size.

The alcantara headliner is quite spiffy.

And the euro ellipsoids with Xenon combo also rocks. Take my lesson learned and be forewarned, do NOT use Umnitza. I should have paid for OEM ellipsoids the first time around and did it right (don't get the depo lights), then I would have only been out a single glass lens cover instead of a whole new set of ellipsoids.

The roller sunshade is still not here yet. I am just hoping that it won't come broken again.

Oh, and new windshield makes such a huge difference. I never realized how pitted and scarred the 20 year old windshield was until I drove the car with the new windshield.

And apparently, new rubber seals for all the windows also reduces cabin noise, who woulda thunk it?

And it looks like I am going to do the plastic bumper conversion after all. My production date of 9/87 means it's direct bolt on, and this time, I am going to grab them while they are still reasonable, before BMW decided to triple the price like they did with the dash.

Little things still need to do:

Throttle cable and cruise cable grummets ordered. They are totally yellow and hard, and I hate to be the dumb ass on the side of the road with a free playing throttle cable.

The passenger airduct fender linder is also cracked and a new one ordered.

The vaccum booster joint also looks hard and gray, and a new one ordered.

The trunk rubber gasket is completely cracked, and a new one ordered.

Oh yeah, I need to find the part number for that nifty grocery bag hanger in the trunk.

I forgot how nice the E30 drives until I got the car back last weekend.

I will post some pictures when I have some free time with my D90.