Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Hummer H1 + Massive Snow

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RaminGTI20 is on a distinguished roadRaminGTI20 is on a distinguished road
Smile Hummer H1 + Massive Snow

Hey Everyone, Im kinda new here so I thought Id share some pictures from last winter's snow storm in DC. We had a ridiculous 30 Inches of snow plowed on us in the Washington DC area. While everyone was stuck at home my uncle woke up at 5am to drive doctors and patients to the hospitals all over the area for 2 days straight. Once that was done, we had to find a way to get to this trapped family with a diabetic son stuck at home. With 2 live power lines down on both sides of the streets entrance, we had to find our way through the worst terrain (not for these cars though) to get the family. Once that was done, we decided to just drive thru some parking lots for fun. Im driving the black one and he is in the pewter. This was the first time for any of us driving the H1s in the snow. I had been a guest of AM General a few years back at their plant in South Bend, Indiana to test and learn more about the military hummers, so I am no stranger to them! I hope Enjoy the pics/video from our excursion....

video: YouTube - Hummer H1; 30 inches of snow

Last edited by RaminGTI20; 10-03-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
That's great that you did that. Looks like fun.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:10 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
H1's are badass. Nice to see them being put to good use.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
you're gonna fit in juzzz fine here lol welcome to the TEAM!

Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Not looking forward to snow. Welcome to the Team.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
love the H1

i heard the truck version is better at off roading than the wagon. is that true?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RaminGTI20 is on a distinguished roadRaminGTI20 is on a distinguished road
I've actually had a lot of experience with H1s on/off road. AM General flew me out to Indiana to drive these bad boys!

But as for the civilian models, they are both very capable and I'd say pretty equal. The black h1 is fitted with mud tires, while the wagon had all terrain/snows on. If one got stuck, we'd just tow the other one out!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
The Hummer H1 alpha is one of my favorite "cars" ever!

Someday i vow to own one.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome, I love the h1! Kudos for helping people out in the time of need. We had horrible power outage/snow storm a few years back and only h1s and discos here veto though pretty good.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:14 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
My friend has a 99 with the 6.5L, its a great car. He uses it nearly on a daily basis. Welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Hummer H1 + Massive Snow