Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

F40 exhaust switched to LM pipes...pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
F40 exhaust switched to LM pipes...pics

When I acquired the F40 back in 2005, it had tubi LM pipes fitted and came with the OEM exhaust in a box. I ran the car with tubi pipes for a while and the sound was simply fantastic....burbles and crackles on the overrun that were just intoxicating.

I switched the LM pipes back to the stock exhaust for a few Concours including Cavallino in 2007. Well, I missed the sound of those pipes...so this weekend I swapped them back

Here are pics of the stock setup...

Here is a picture of the stock exhaust removed. You can seen the center pipe for the wastegate flanked by pipes from each manifold. The cats sit right behind these pipe ends.

Cats look pretty good

Gearbox nice and clean...no leaks

Here are a couple of pics of the stock exhaust removed...quite heavy

These are the tubistyle LM pipes that will be going on...very light !

Tubi pipes being fitted...

Took me about 2hrs from beginning to end as I ended up adjusting it so that the pipe tips were centered in the valence opening...and the kids were running around the garage and had lots of questions

Then, the moment of truth...time to fire it up. I truly forgot how loud these pipes are in a closed space...that sent the kids running for cover Let it warm up for a few minutes and took it for a test drive Suffice to say I arrived home 30 minutes later with a wide grin...what a sound ! The rush of boost and crackling of the exhaust coupled with various hisses and air rushing sounds combine to delight the senses like no other.

Quite simply, the F40 is a sensory flood...sound, feel, smell and an indescribable visceral response that continues to deliver as the adrenaline dissipates, long after the engine is turned off. I sat on the garage steps listening to the periodic pings of cooling metal as I sipped a cold one...this was an evening well spent

Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
So awesome Jas.

But we need video..

Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
rep

Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Love it. In for the video !

Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Nice DIY! Now that I know how to do it I just need a F40 and some tubi LM pipes!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
car is sooooo cleannn

vid required

Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
I bet it its sounds amazing, like the others said please post a video

Old 01-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic Junior has a reputation beyond repute
Must. Have. That. Car.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
esthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Quite simply, the F40 is a sensory flood...sound, feel, smell and an indescribable visceral response that continues to deliver as the adrenaline dissipates, long after the engine is turned off. I sat on the garage steps listening to the periodic pings of cooling metal as I sipped a cold one...this was an evening well spent
This was great. No one would dare deny the validity of that being a well spent evening.

Quick Reply: F40 exhaust switched to LM pipes...pics