Notices
Diamonds & Jewelry Discusses & Learn About The Latest Jewelry Trends, New Products, & Industry News

++Cool New Project: Carbon Fiber & Platinum Earrings++

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
++Cool New Project: Carbon Fiber & Platinum Earrings++

I new client of mine sent me a sketch of some earrings he wanted to make for his wife. Its was a challenge for me since I have never worked with carbon fiber in my life. I consulted with a company has experience with it and they really were a big help, pointed me to a supplier who got me the exact CF sheets that I needed. After working up a quick CAD rendering and getting the customers approval, I moved forward with casting the pieces. I actually cut and shaped the CF myself, then had my setter work his magic on assembling the pieces and final polish. They really came out nice, and has inspired me to work with this material again. I think I will be making some carbon fiber cufflinks next!!