Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Porsche 991 C4S and 997 991.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
GetDetailed.ca is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche 991 C4S and 997 991.

Hello Everyone,

I was contacted by this discerning owner to give his Pcars a wash, clay, light polish and paint sealant. I started with the 2013 Carrera 4S.

After the waterless wash and clay bar step I began polishing the paint.

This picture shows the paint condition before.

Here you can see the right side of the vehicle corrected.

After

Before:

After:

Sadly the front half of the vehicle had poorly applied clear film so all I could clean up was the slight swirling on the clear film and not the actual paint.

This is the results of my effort.

I then started on the 08 Turbo Cab.

Same issue, the owner is really trying to protect the vehicle by applying clear film to half the vehicle which trust me isn't cheap but the swirls and paint defects are still trapped under the clear film and it was applied before he received the car. I always suggest hiring a professional to make the paint as perfect as can be before clear film is applied.

i polished what I could which was still a good chunk of the vehicle.

After I went around the vehicle I applied this new Japanese windshield coating which acts like rain-x but lasts longer and makes the windshield less prone to scratches from ice scrapers, wipers etc.

I also gave the interiors a light spruce up and sprayed down some anti-microbial spray so fabrics wouldn't smell after some time in storage.

Sorry no outside shots but here are the results. Sorry about the blurry pictures.

Soft top was sealed with fabric sealant (4+ months durability)

All done.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous job. Now they need to be tucked away until the spring I suppose.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
hamza7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Gorgeous job. Now they need to be tucked away until the spring I suppose.
That is correct but as soon as the nice weather hits their ready to be enjoyed rather than being worked on.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Nice work on both, but I love that 991. Great color