Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Spied: New Porsche Macan Spotted Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: New Porsche Macan Spotted Again

Name:  Porsche Macan 001.jpg
Views: 3206
Size:  184.5 KB

Spied: New Porsche Macan Spotted Again

Our Teamspeed spies bring us a few new shots of the upcoming baby Porsche SUV test-mule, spotted during a routine morning drive. Still wearing a bit of camouflage borrowed from its big brother the Cayenne, the final version of the Macan will have a much sportier look to it then the Audi Q5 it's based on.

The Macan will share its platform with the Q5 but Porsche will of course finesse the chassis and of course give the Macan better brakes and other wheels.

Power will come from engines delivered by Audi, both petrol and diesel, also to be worked over by Porsche, giving it with higher power figures then the Q5. By offering a 4-cylinder variant of the baby suv, this will be the first time Porsche has put a 4 cylinder engine into production since the 968.

The Macan will most likely be offered with the Hybrid-drivetrain known from the Q5, meaning a 2.0 TFSI delivering 210 horsepower combined with a 44 HP electric motor. That will help Porsche to come closer to the average CO2 goal of 130 g/km that all car manufacturers need to reach from 2015.

The Porsche Macan will be launched with four doors initially, but we are hearing rumors that a little later on there could be a sportier looking two door version as well.

Stay tuned to Teamspeed for more breaking news as always!

Name:  Porsche Macan 002.jpg
Views: 2591
Size:  163.4 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan 003.jpg
Views: 2319
Size:  174.0 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan 004.jpg
Views: 2091
Size:  172.7 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan 005.jpg
Views: 2023
Size:  170.8 KB

Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that rear window is hideous!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
LVolkan is on a distinguished roadLVolkan is on a distinguished roadLVolkan is on a distinguished roadLVolkan is on a distinguished roadLVolkan is on a distinguished roadLVolkan is on a distinguished road
Ideal for city pickup

Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Damn, that rear window is hideous!
Agreed!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I like the rear window. It looks sculpted

Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the bland version of the Cayenne.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I was going to ask: how can a rear window look bad? It just looks like a window...

This Macan is looking interesting. It will be interesting to see it in person. Given it's the same size as the Q5, it should have good proportions to work with.

But I'm beginning to go old-school with my Porsche brand perspective. Now that they are VW, I'd love to see the Porsche brand go back to its roots with sports cars (yes, bring on the 551) and leave anything with 4 doors to VW and Audi badges. I know it doesn't make much business sense since they sell the crap out of Cayennes and Panameras...but within 2 years a Porsche dealership will have more in common with a MB, BMW or even Cadillac location than something like Aston Martin, Maserati or Ferrari. When Porsche decides to shelve the 551 because it doesn't fit the brand strategy, but approves cars such as the Macan and Pajun (assuming it gets approved), you have to wonder about the focus of the brand as we know it.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
...but within 2 years a Porsche dealership will have more in common with a MB, BMW or even Cadillac location than something like Aston Martin, Maserati or Ferrari.
...but Aston have a four-door four-seater and are testing an off-roader too... Maserati are following the exact same path, as are Lamborghini. Brand loyalty makes for a healthy business model, and catering for a larger market helps the company remain profitable. This seems to be brought up every few days/weeks/months here - Cayenne and Panamera ensure Porsche have budget to go racing in 2014 at Le Mans, not to mention be able to do all the R&D required to build the sportscars that we all covet.

Personally, I drive a 2011 Cayenne every day because it's a brilliant car in its own right - plus it can tow my wife's horses or my 1969 Porsche 911 track/race car which has been built to full RSR spec.

You'll find that Audi, MB, BMW etc all want to copy the Porsche model. And so do the Sportscar manufacturers - Maserati, Aston Martin, etc... I'd say that they are the ones doing it right?

Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Yeah, I knew I was opening Pandora's Box. I get your points, and agree with the Brand Loyalty stuff. I even owned a Panamera S for a year. Great car.

Still no what I'm looking for in this brand, but not going to stop me from buying another Porsche (sports car).

Bringing this back on topic, I think the Macan has more potential in terms of size and proportions than the Cayenne.

And the rear window looks just fine to me.

Sent from my HTC One X using teamspeed

Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
I was going to ask: how can a rear window look bad? It just looks like a window...

This Macan is looking interesting. It will be interesting to see it in person. Given it's the same size as the Q5, it should have good proportions to work with.

But I'm beginning to go old-school with my Porsche brand perspective. Now that they are VW, I'd love to see the Porsche brand go back to its roots with sports cars (yes, bring on the 551) and leave anything with 4 doors to VW and Audi badges. I know it doesn't make much business sense since they sell the crap out of Cayennes and Panameras...but within 2 years a Porsche dealership will have more in common with a MB, BMW or even Cadillac location than something like Aston Martin, Maserati or Ferrari. When Porsche decides to shelve the 551 because it doesn't fit the brand strategy, but approves cars such as the Macan and Pajun (assuming it gets approved), you have to wonder about the focus of the brand as we know it.
I agree with you a lot.

If I were the CEO of Porsche, I'd axe all current models, bring back the 997 and 987 with a minor update, ditch all the tech on 918, make a new 550 Spyder, and then make the 960. Possibly a four door shooting brake with a flat-8 and a manual, but that's as far as I'd go.

Sure I'd probably put the company out of business and into extreme bankruptcy, but who cares.

EDIT: And as I side note, the "the Panamera and Cayenne make the 911 possible" comments are getting kind of old. Are you saying the Cayenne and Panamera are responsible for cars such as the 993 GT2, the RS America, RS 2.7, etc?

And um, Porsche won Le Mans 16 times before the Cayenne came out, and since then they haven't won once.

Last edited by Carrera; 07-23-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Spied: New Porsche Macan Spotted Again