Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Much needed Fabspeed aggression

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
switchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Much needed Fabspeed aggression

Man are the stock exhaust tips ugly! They've been bothering me for a while, but I wasn't sure I wanted the full sound of a catback exhaust making my daily driver unbearable. Drone was not an option and oddly enough, I've yet to head an aftermarket exhaust in person (besides a TPC setup).

So, the road less traveled (part 1 of 2)...

Out with the boring, in with the new. The craftsmanship is very nice on this piece. Has a very sturdy feel to it. True dual setup replaces the stock T:

How cool are these clamps? Tried to get my girlfriend to wear one as a bracelet, but it didn't come in a blue blox, so no dice:

Had to remove the wheels and then the exhaust just to get the stock T piece off. This piece is designed for the 987.2, so we had to remove about 1/8" from each side of the stock exhaust ports coming out of the muffler so it would fit properly.

Perfectly aligned and looking meaty:

Dark chrome looks classy and mean at the same time:

They stick out the perfect amount with a nice angle:

I did this mainly for aesthetic purposes, but I swear the engine revs a tad more freely and breathes a little better. The slight mechanical vacuum sound that irked me seems gone and the tone seems a bit throatier. Much of this could be placebo, but I'm totally happy. A co-worker said he heard me drive past him in the morning and the car sounded meaner. This was before he knew I had even changed anything.

Very happy! Thanks to Joey at Fabspeed and Ryan at RSR Autosport. Part 2 of the road less traveled coming soon...

Old 02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
switchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enough
Arrow

I didn't expect much of a sound difference, but there's a slight change in tone that I like.

Here are before and after videos (not sure if I embedded them properly). I forgot to trim them before taking them off my iphone, so sorry for the fluff.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all
Those tips look ace

Old 02-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks Chad!

(any mods know how to properly embed those videos so they don't link out to photobucket?)

Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Looks very sharp. Fabspeed makes a great product. I have the fabspeed race exhaust with black powder coated tips and love them. Look stock but sounds like a crazy cup car.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats!! They look great!