Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Mercedes-Benz Shows The Torque-Monster SL65 In New York

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Mercedes-Benz Shows The Torque-Monster SL65 In New York

Name:  _NIK1414.jpg
Views: 2644
Size:  171.4 KB

Mercedes-Benz Shows The Torque-Monster SL65 In New York

Under the bright lights of the NY Auto Show, The matte finished SL65 is still a shining star

Mercedes-AMG is launching itself into the 2012 roadster season with a vengeance. Arriving in U.S. dealerships in November, the new MY2013 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG V12 Roadster is making its world debut at the 2012 New York Auto Show. The AMG 6.0-liter V12 biturbo engine generates a peak output of 621 hp and a maximum torque of 738 lb-ft. The use of an all-aluminum body-in-white delivers a drastic weight reduction as the MY13 SL65 AMG is 254 pounds lighter than before. The distinctive front end is dominated by the new "twin-blade" grille with two blade-shaped fins and the lower horizontal bar in the front skirt in high-gloss chrome.

The SL65 AMG joins the SL550 roadster and the SL63 AMG roadster. The SL550 has a starting retail price of $106,375 and arrives in U.S. Mercedes-Benz dealerships in May. The SL63 AMG arrives in July.

"The combination of exclusive V12 dynamics and cultivated roadster pleasure was already unique in the previous model. We are certain that, with the new SL65 AMG, we have developed a stunning high-performance automobile beyond compare for a small, but loyal fan base," says Ola Källenius, CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.

The intelligent lightweight design of the bodyshell also contributes to the reduction of fuel consumption. A key element in the improved fuel efficiency is the result of the AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7-Speed transmission, the ECO stop/start function, and improvements to the internal efficiency of the engine and alternator management. Despite a considerable improvement in fuel economy, the peak output of the AMG 6.0-liter V12 biturbo engine is up from 604 hp to 621 hp. The maximum torque stands at a mighty 738 lb-ft.

This unparalleled output provides amazing propulsion for the new SL65 AMG – acceleration from 0 to 60 mph takes 3.9 seconds. Top speed in the U.S. market stands at 186 mph. The key attributes of the AMG biturbo twelve-cylinder include its heart stopping acceleration, and seamless power delivery combined with a distinctive AMG V12 soundtrack. In short, the SL65 AMG captures the imagination with its refined, stylish performance.

Source [Mercedes-Benz]

Name:  _NIK1457.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  156.9 KB

Name:  _NIK1413.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  186.1 KB

Name:  2013-mercedes-benz-sl65-front-three-quarters-jpg.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  157.3 KB

Name:  2013-mercedes-benz-sl65-rear-three-quarters-jpg.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  180.0 KB

Name:  2013-mercedes-benz-sl65-front-end-jpg.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  145.2 KB

Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Matte grey is sexy, from front it reminds me of a shark.

Just needs a better shade of tan, like light brown interior and it should be perfect.

It has a 7speed gearbox and a respectable 0-60 time of 3.9 seconds. Very nice.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that's evil.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Like i said in the other thread, i think with AMG this SL comes around full circle..
Looks amazing

Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
that is one bad-ass torque monster

Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Matte black with black rims and red interior for me!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:30 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Also notice that the 7G tronic gearbox has made its debut in the V12 models, updated to handle the torque.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Cool but slightly TOO sedate for the $$$. Give me some bigger hips for my near 200k!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
Cool but slightly TOO sedate for the $$$. Give me some bigger hips for my near 200k!!!
Black Series that bitch up WOOT!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Oh HELL yes.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz Shows The Torque-Monster SL65 In New York