Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2009 SL63 Driving Impressions/Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
mono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura about
Arrow 2009 SL63 Driving Impressions/Video

I had the amazing opportunity to spend the day with the first 2009 SL63 in the country...and man what an experience it was this car is a BEAST. Unfortunately the RS take off feature was shut off on this particular car. It feels extremely fast and is surprisingly comfortable. here are some pics for now, youtube is down but ill post videos as soon as its up, the exhaust notes are very exhilirating. A special shout out to ZAMIRZ for filming.

Last edited by mono2100; 03-20-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the narrative, this is one of my favourite cars currently for sale.

I absolutley love it and if the SLK suite's me well, I am sure this is even better and it sounds very very deep too.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Some impressions:

The car is an animal. You can hear me giggling at one point when Mono jumped on the brakes and cut it left. I am thoroughly impressed by everything in this car from my short experience. Interior fit and finish is typical MBZ AMG. Everything is nice and tight with leather throughout, and a nice matte carbon fiber finish on the center console hinting at the sporting nature of the car.

Most impressive feature is the sound and thrust of the new motor, it builds really hard through the first half the rev range with a menacing growl from all that torque. As the revs build it turns into a roaring whale with hp taking over, and as you can see in the vids, loads of pops and crackling on deceleration.

I'm going to have to get used to the look. In pictures I didn't like the front, but when the car pulls up, it's much more intimidating than the current model. My favorite view is the rear 3/4 as it's rolling, with the diffuser inching up the rear bumper and the tailpipes jutting out on either side, it has a lot of character. Best way to describe it overall is if the current SL is a little bit elegant and ordinary in the look department, this car is a muscular brute from all angles. Finally, I'm loving the new wheels, they have a very 997 Turbo look to them with meaty rubber.

That's about all I can muster right now. Two thumbs up for the car and big ups to Mono for giving me a holler so I could come take a look and go for a memorable ride.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
this thing is a beast

Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Eurorus is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a nice ride!!! but I love more mine!!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Eurorus you are going to love it more with the Kleemann K3 package which consists of two drop in filters, ecu update, pulley and headers for around 600hp and a topspeed of 320kmh.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

fantastic post, thnx
The sound is amazing and that's factory!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Much better than the previous model...thanks for sharing...

Old 03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Originally Posted by DJ
fantastic post, thnx
The sound is amazing and that's factory!

my wife's E63 wagon sounds even more throaty than that... i should make vid soon!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: 2009 SL63 Driving Impressions/Video