Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   The Watch Forum (https://teamspeed.com/forums/watch-forum/)
-   -   Tag Heuer Formula 1 Questions (https://teamspeed.com/forums/watch-forum/74478-tag-heuer-formula-1-questions.html)

krenshaw 07-20-2012 12:37 PM

Tag Heuer Formula 1 Questions

1 Attachment(s)
Watch guys, a quick question for you.

I inherited this watch last year when my father-in-law passed (we discovered it buried one of his dresser drawers). Apparently he found this watch when he was out somewhere, so it wasn't an original purchase.

Anyway, I'm just wondering a couple of things:

- Does if it have any real value?

- Does anyone have a good source for obtaining a proper band for it? Ideally, if you're familiar with the design, I'd love to see a pic of the original band.

It's a little small for my taste, the whole body is only about 1.25" wide. But, I do think it's kind of cool and I could see myself wearing this as more of an "active"/"casual" piece occasionally.

** Please pay no attention to the band. My FIL was NOT a watch guy, he loved to fix things up and, judging by his other watches, only liked these kinds of bands.**

Marc 07-20-2012 01:43 PM

I owned one of those many years back I think it had a blue bezel if I recall. It wont have any value but the sentimental one... I forget what the original bank looked like.. ?

Craigger 07-20-2012 01:46 PM

pm ZAMIRIZ... I believe he's got a collection of those things.

krenshaw 07-20-2012 01:49 PM

Awesome... thanks guys! I've Googled like crazy, but can't seem to find much info. I like watches, but I'm not as intimate with some of the brands like many on here are, so I figured this is the best place to start. Appreciate the help.

Bonita 07-20-2012 02:06 PM

I got my ex boyfriend this watch and i have the female version of it... i bought it from middle east so prizes varies from the states.. but i think i got it for around approx 1k

Sechsgang 07-20-2012 03:44 PM

Its only worth the sentimental...but my first watch was a blue formula 1 as well.

997carrerasblk06 07-20-2012 04:16 PM

I worked watches at a jewelry store when this came out...it is the cheapest TAG watch ever created. Only $700 new. so this is ugh yeah worthless :D PS the most expensive part about a TAG is typically the band.

krenshaw 07-20-2012 06:06 PM

All good info, thanks everyone. I didn't think it could possibly be worth much, judging by the bezel and case (doesn't seem very high quality). I guess I'll take it somewhere and see what they think it'll take to get it running again and grab a nice rubber strap for it.

HarveyMushman 07-20-2012 07:02 PM

-I see these on ebay quite often. Close to mint will get you 200-320- depending on bracelet type and color combo. Beat up pieces usually go ~$170. Your piece as a head only would be a chunk under that.

-There is an ebay seller who sells the original rubber strap for $90. They also came in a stainless jubilee style bracelet.

This also came in a chrono version. Those normally go for $425+.

Great looking

TeutonicCarFan 07-20-2012 07:57 PM

It probably just needs a battery.