Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Custom Seikos

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

For the amateur that I am, is the idea I purchase elsewhere a base watch and then send it to him to modify?

Cheers,
Nik
You could. But IIRC, his prices for a base watch were very competitive. He also sell completes. I think most people buy pre-assembled watches from him.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

For the amateur that I am, is the idea I purchase elsewhere a base watch and then send it to him to modify?

Cheers,
Nik
From one amateur to another, yes, you can do that. Or if he offers something you like that he's already done, saves you the trouble of buying a base watch and gathering the bits. Maybe cheaper that way, but I'd rather not deal with the hassle.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
FYI- I snagged my 007 off ebay for $145 on a (p.o.s.) jubilee bracelet.

The seller is a guy from Singapore who has sold 1000's of them. They do not include boxes, but it came with papers and factory plastic- which I was fine with for a watch that is relatively low on the spectrum.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
That's what I came up with after a quick Google. Need an answer to this question though. I want the thicker ballistic nylon of the Zulu's but the two piece functionality of the NATO's. I have a NATO for another watch which is flimsy and I hate it. Anyone know if their NATO's have the thicker nylon?
My Maratacs definitely feel more heavy duty than a cheaper NATO 3 ring that I got a little while back. The rings are of a thicker gauge, and the nylon is sewn together as opposed to heat fused. The strap has a bit more weight and is definitely a ton more sturdy. You definitely won't regret it!

Also, the Maratac Elite is a nifty strap to look at as well. Some quick shots:

Here's a shot from when SoCal first sent me the watch along with a Maratac 5 ring strap:

You can kind of tell how beefy those rings are. The whole strap just feels so much better than the cheaper flimsy feeling one that I also have. Maratac makes some nice stuff!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
From one amateur to another, yes, you can do that. Or if he offers something you like that he's already done, saves you the trouble of buying a base watch and gathering the bits. Maybe cheaper that way, but I'd rather not deal with the hassle.
I dunno if it would be cheaper. The parts don't cost much, but unless you're gonna DIY the labor to get them installed may very well cost more than what yobokies sells them for.

And damn I gotta stay off his site! Gonna end up with another watch....

Last edited by big_slacker; 11-22-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vltsai
Maratac!
Got my 2 Maratac straps yesterday. Definitely a heavier duty nylon. Keepers are pretty sturdy too. Thanks for the rec! Unfortunately, still no sign of the watch Wonder how long it's gonna take to make its way from HK.....

Old 11-30-2011, 04:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Got my 2 Maratac straps yesterday. Definitely a heavier duty nylon. Keepers are pretty sturdy too. Thanks for the rec! Unfortunately, still no sign of the watch Wonder how long it's gonna take to make its way from HK.....
How are they shipping it? From Shanghai the stuff can take up to 4 weeks if you are unlucky -.-

Old 11-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Lgebbers
How are they shipping it? From Shanghai the stuff can take up to 4 weeks if you are unlucky -.-
Ugh. Registered air mail Could have sworn he said 10-15 days somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Damn.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond reputeLgebbers has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah 2 weeks is normal, but sometimes it can take a little longer. Don't worry it will get there

Old 11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Lgebbers
Yeah 2 weeks is normal, but sometimes it can take a little longer. Don't worry it will get there
I'm gonna be away for work for the next two weeks anyway. As long as it's here by the time I get back, it's all good

Quick Reply: Custom Seikos