Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

Buying watches online question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Buying watches online question

Guys we may be working with Panerai to sell their watches to the automotive community. I have a question. Would you guys/gals be willing to purchase watches online via ecommerce. I.e. Finding a product, putting your amex in and buying. The reason why I am asking is because they will be one of the first "expensive" item we will attempt to sell online.

In my eyes, I would purchase online, but I don't know if many will, otherwise it would be the same way as everyone else, i.e. contact us to purchase/pricing.

Eddie

Old 04-16-2008, 12:29 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it all comes down to the seller. Wouldn't be paranoid buying from someone I know of such as yourself, but to be honest I probably wouldn't fork out ten+ grand on a random site ... So you'll probably sell mainly to existing customers.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
the problem is that if Panerai allows you to do that (which I would bet a large amount of money they would not), they would certainly only allow it at retail prices. The issue then is that most of the hot pieces sell at above retail and the not so hot ones sell below. So I do not see how it would work.

If you guys get the go-ahead to be to my knowledge the first online authorized watch dealer of a major brand, that would be an amazing thing. I absolutely cannot imagine it happening so I wouldn't put too much stock in it if I were you.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Spivy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The issue right now is the ability, the issue is would people be willing to spend upto 25k online for a watch. I know how big of a deal it would be if we were able to sell online.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
well, IF you had a good reputation, IF you had the piece I wanted IN STOCK and immediately available, and IF your advertised price were lower than anywhere else, then sure I'd have no problem ordering off a form.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
mono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SteveH
well, IF you had a good reputation, IF you had the piece I wanted IN STOCK and immediately available, and IF your advertised price were lower than anywhere else, then sure I'd have no problem ordering off a form.
I agree with this statement 100%

Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
The Watch Collector is the exclusive watch sponsor on this site...I don't think he sells model cars...

Old 04-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
icruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond repute
I have and would buy watches on-line. You do need to ease concerns about whether the watches are genuine. Make sure you have a large notice that you are an authorized Panerai dealer and you are listed on the Panerai website confirming this.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
I would be willing to purchase a watch online. No different than doing it in person. You always have the protection of the credit card. Quite honestly, that is my only gripe about Stryke.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ed, only thewatchcollector is authorized to sell new time pieces on Teamspeed as he has an exclusive contract.

Quick Reply: Buying watches online question