Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

LÜM-TEC Watches

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
There's just something that doesn't sound right about the name. Can't put my finger on it.
Would you prefer "Massa Watches"?

Old 03-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ctzn
I see in their 2010 lineup they have quite a few tungsten options available.
Really? *rubs chin*

Stoppie, see if your friend needs an allergy tester for the tungsten line

Seriously though, one thing I'd recommend for watch makers is that their metal-alternative lines often have stainless steel parts like the clasp, and leather watch bands. Most people (myself included) have allergies to both nickle materials AND leather. So the only thing I can wear is all titanium or tungsten, with same material band or rubber band. In severe cases I even get a rash from the pins in the watchband.

Worst random allergy ever when you love watches.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Try Nixon as another option in that price range.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Really? *rubs chin*

Seriously though, one thing I'd recommend for watch makers is that their metal-alternative lines often have stainless steel parts like the clasp, and leather watch bands. Most people (myself included) have allergies to both nickle materials AND leather. So the only thing I can wear is all titanium or tungsten, with same material band or rubber band. In severe cases I even get a rash from the pins in the watchband.

honestly they're very cool watches.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
I bought my Father one for his birthday. He seems to be very pleased with it.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Try Nixon as another option in that price range.
I have a 51-30 (I think that's what it is) which I like a lot, however, it is quite hefty and only good for limited amounts of time. I would get another though one as it seems to be quite high quality for the price.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Update: Placed my pre-order for a 2010 Bull45 A15 this evening:

Update #2: Went a little overboard and bought the last remaining 2009 M16 as well tonight.

Last edited by ctzn; 03-02-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Really? *rubs chin*

Curtis, what about ceramic material? I know Nixon makes a few nice all ceramic watches but they're a bit on the pricey side (~$1000-1200). Or what about rubber or canvas straps?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, those ceramic Nixons still have SS clasps... I suppose the rubber and canvas straps do as well...

Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
^yup, clasp is fail. Never tried ceramic but I think it'd be okay.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
evosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished roadevosky is on a distinguished road
Hamilton is actually a very good suggestion IMO.
they were standard issue for the US Military during WWII, and thus the modern day designs are still heavily inspired by Navy, Air Force, and Army applications.
i think they look great, are functional, and are sort of in the price range you're considering.

Quick Reply: LÜM-TEC Watches