Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
FWIW, I like your panda more!
The crown, case and chrono pushers look huge.
thanks a lot Kevin! personally i thought the same from all the pics online the past 4 or so years i have been seeing it. irl it just works i think and perhaps it's the sharp angles versus the rounded-ness elsewhere that makes it fit. however i will say that the pushers themselves could use a little less "height" and pointing out
the RBII being at $46.4 is not for me personally because it does not move me as does the GP. however i think that price is what the RG RC ROO can be had for, and the RBII starts making a lot more sense now

Originally Posted by 20C4S
Beautiful JLC man. almost bought one until i see the AM logo. i would never purchase a expensive watch that has a car logo on it. too bad.

the RBII is really one of the best made ROO out there imo. i wish i hold on to it. interestingly u can see the influence from the RBII to the new 44mm ROO look. consider the RBII has been out for many years. it's really the pioneer of the modern ROO design in terms of look, design & material.
1. SO TRUE about RBII being the inspiration and i mentioned that to my friend. the ceramic, the indices/dashes, the rugged pushers, yet imho it works better because it's a 42! and THAT STRAP, it was very reassuring for me since i don't lust at all for the newer 44mms on rubbers that take away from them imo.
so wait shall i neg rep you now for ever selling it? btw is my price quoted above accurate, 46.4k or is that exaggerated?

2. unfortunately it seems that i will NEVER get to see the JLC world chrono racing irl locally i understand and agree completely with the AM logo, but may i ask what you made of the strap itself? width, fit, and feel from the lugs?

3. what do you make of the amvox2 chrono that is posted above? i am really loving it, despite the red (which started all the mess i'm in lol) and think it is a great little thing that ticks all the right boxes and takes care of all the bad things from the newer ones

Originally Posted by BDSK
Ahh the RB2! I'm sure you loved it???
definitely did but as i explained above its price point exceeds my grail of a 5726 patek, and i think it is such overkill to keep the GP carbon and add a RBII and tbh i rate the GPC higher still (as objectively as i can which is extremely hard) than the RBII in terms of design, finish, material, overall feel and value.

btw bro i contacted the seller of the Bumblebee you referred me to we are corresponding via email because any potential deal with my local watch guy fell through. it will be kind of complicated to trade overseas but based on what my watchguy offered me on the spot i was reassured that my valuation of my watch was not exaggerated one bit if i factored in his profit. i was a hardass and didn't budge on less than $1.5k but i would much rather wait a year and add a BB than to think/believe i am giving away the panda which i love to death

Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
neg me please. the market is market. i paid like 24 or 26k back then when new. and i thought that was expensive. lol!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
3. what do you make of the amvox2 chrono that is posted above? i am really loving it, despite the red (which started all the mess i'm in lol) and think it is a great little thing that ticks all the right boxes and takes care of all the bad things from the newer ones
u like it that's all it counts!

little too much red for a classic look sports watch. imagine the red in rose gold...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
neg me please. the market is market. i paid like 24 or 26k back then when new. and i thought that was expensive. lol!
u like it that's all it counts!
little too much red for a classic look sports watch. imagine the red in rose gold...
1. weren't those the days: and on being OLD haha
2. loving the price on the amvox2 and just can't turn down the idea for basically adding a watch than to trade up. whole different worlds of course between the 2 contenders, but still the idea of +1 is cool

Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Inspired by SoCal, I dusted off my Super Combat B1 mounted on a GSD antique leather strap.

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by BigE
Inspired by SoCal, I dusted off my Super Combat B1 mounted on a GSD antique leather strap.
Those are great.

Expensive?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Lum Tec's are not inexpensive by any means, but a nice one with a swiss movement (Like the one I am wearing) can be had for around $1k. LumTec is a sponsor on Teamspeed. Click on the LumTec link on the right and check them out. Many people on TS have them and wear them regularly, They are well made, nicely designed and made right here in the USofA

Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by BigE
Lum Tec's are not inexpensive by any means, but a nice one with a swiss movement (Like the one I am wearing) can be had for around $1k. LumTec is a sponsor on Teamspeed. Click on the LumTec link on the right and check them out. Many people on TS have them and wear them regularly, They are well made, nicely designed and made right here in the USofA
$1k for a watch is a ton but compared to some of these posts I'd guess it's relative. You could have 46 of them compared to that guy posting earlier.

I will check them out. Thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ONE2que
$1k for a watch is a ton but compared to some of these posts I'd guess it's relative. You could have 46 of them compared to that guy posting earlier.

I will check them out. Thanks.
All relative, and it's really about what you like rather than how much it costs. Unless you say have a 1k budget but like AP, Rolex, Patel, etc...

Old 05-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Patek, damn iphone.

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?