Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simon C

.....a little B&R WW1 Military action
Nice
Originally Posted by SHH

My wrist, not my watch.

love that
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Just got my PAM back from service. As a bonus, they cleaned her up. Look almost new!
Originally Posted by Craigger
Although refreshing, PAM's with bracelets always make me pause.
odd look for me as well
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
It's been awhile

Omega Speedmaster The Legend

No 793/6,000
Nice!
Originally Posted by GrayTT
and again

beauty
Originally Posted by Boardman
Impulse buy yesterday. New planet ocean 42mm. I love the 8500 movement in my aqua terra so much i had to get another.

Wouldn't have thought I would get the orange but decided to step outside my normal conservative range...

nice
Originally Posted by R O B I N
Like a lot black leather with white stitching
nice

Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
Although refreshing, PAM's with bracelets always make me pause.
Thanks for the kind words. Here's another shot that shows the bracelet. I cant believe it's almost 10 years old. .

Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
such perfection, those IWC perps
SHH, more info please? what model is that and what is the strap

SAFARI VERDICT

okay so guys i changed my mind about the safari w/ rubber! first of all, i hate the fact that most pics online of this particular roo are either indoor or at a boutique or in an FS ad. i tried my best to capture these shots in as much natural light in the morning and before dawn, and hope they convey the actual 'look' in real life.
now, i said earlier that i thought my mate shouldn't have kept the rubber since coming back from traveling. i take that back.
the rubber compliments the way it wears and transforms it. yes the dial is creme with white chronos, and yes it is only THAT evident that there is a different contrast only in good light; and yes i maintain the brown MAKES the safari THE safari

HOWEVER, with the rubber strap, we have yet another variant of the 911 ... errrrr, sorry i mean ROO ...

the black numerals, contrasting with the already contrasting dial/chronos, complemented by the black rubber? YES it works. so much in fact that i think now it has the white RC beat if you want a white-dial ROO! sorry mm
STILL, i think -and do not know, nor will i know until i try it for a week- that the RC black face could take the Rubber-strap 42mm SS cake being the best of them all

yes, also, the safari with rubber strap LOOKS BETTER and is MORE versatile than the black themes. i know this because i had the black themes for a while as well. the black dial makes it look .. smaller, softer, humbler, and takes away from the boldness and that is a roo which is something i think we all can admit we hate to be loving

i remember calling the safari boring and dull after a while. i take that back as well. it is neither. it is just more refined, and therefore restricting. i.e. it is not for everyone and for sure not for me.
if you are looking to buy one, i would suggest you force a rubberstrap into the deal. i honestly believe you will come to realize you have bought two completely different watches with one purchase. it makes that big of a difference, overall and after time using it and wearing it with different looks!

*unfortunately i still maintain that the rubber is less comfy than the leathers *

EDIT: hmm, i'll talk to my friend and ask him if he's willing to test the safari for a month or so with my original panda hornback w/ white stitch!!

Attached Images    

Last edited by boursachi; 04-04-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
and again

<3!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I love it too... As usual, impeccable taste Hani.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Hani rocks.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Boursachi nice safari shots! Its hard to get the creme color face in the shots and the lighting around the numbers.

Marina Del Rey with a smoke and explorer 2

Name:  8e6e626a.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  339.8 KB

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Boursachi nice safari shots! Its hard to get the creme color face in the shots and the lighting around the numbers.

Marina Del Rey with a smoke and explorer 2

How do you like the EII?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
SHH
Teamspeed Senior Member
SHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the roughSHH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by boursachi
such perfection, those IWC perps
SHH, more info please? what model is that and what is the strap !!
I love it too, but I'm afraid my wrists are too small.

It's the IWC Perp. Calendar Top
Gun Edition. The strap felt like some kind of kevlar

Another image:

I have no idea why they didn't PVD the crown...

Last edited by SHH; 04-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
How do you like the EII?
Its very comfortable, light and the whole watch is brushed so there is no flash or bling which I like about it. The complete opposite of my other watch, lol.

I wear this 90% of the time. Easy to read too. I bought it used, its a year 2000 and was just serviced and keeps perfect time, about 1-2 seconds off a day.

Before I was wearing the AP ROO Safari most of the time and I like wearing this more. Not as nice or fancy but comfortable and I dont mind when it scratch it or hit it. I just ordered a strap for it, so I want to see what it looks like on brown leather.

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?