Notices
The Watch Forum Show & Sell Your Favorite Time Pieces Here!

What's on your wrist today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Tourneau at South Coast Dana? Congrats! That is actually a great looking watch. Enjoy it in good health.
Good spot. That is exactly where I am in that picture.

They will actually deal on price.

I buy there a lot so they usually give me some good deals.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
But, I cannot help but think this huge watch thing is going to reach its tipping point real soon. I feel they are this decade's fashion blip.
It is all about proportion.

If everyone would just gain 100 lbs it would last forever.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
the sales people at the SCP tourneua are the most moronic idiotic people there. they dont know diddly...nice watch

Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
CongratZ Dana

Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Barrister
Good spot. That is exactly where I am in that picture. They will actually deal on price. I buy there a lot so they usually give me some good deals.
Yeah, I spend a good deal of time in there. They run a pretty good shop.

Originally Posted by vdubpower
the sales people at the SCP tourneua are the most moronic idiotic people there. they dont know diddly...nice watch
Have you ever actually been there; is this an opinion based on anything factual? The sales guy that Barrister is pictured with knows a TON about all of the watches in the store. I talked Panerai with him the last time I was in there for over an hour...

Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by vdubpower
I don't know what your experience has been at Tourneau, but I have always received great service there. I have also established some deep personal relationships with both prior and current management. I find your assessment of them to be wholly and completely inaccurate.

Jerry - a very close friend and the man pictured in the photo with me - was the manager at Tourneau for 10-years. Then he moved to Tiffany and was their fine jewelry manager for 5-years. While he was at Tiffany, I worked solely with Jerry on every piece that I ever purchased there - and it was more than a few. Now he is the manager at Tourneau again and it is a pleasure to still be working with him.

Over the years I have found Jerry to be THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE guy I know on watches, diamonds and jewelry in general. He is a true professional in every sense and has always treated my wife and I like family. If there is a piece I want - no matter how rare - he brings it in for me right away and at a nice discount. I have gotten to know him personally and am great friends with his wife, children and grandchildren. While I was in the hospital last year, he visited me at least once a week. He is a very fine individual.

So I think I am qualified to say that he is hardly "moronic" or "idiotic." I can also vouch for the fact that he knows a bit more than "diddly" about watches and jewelry. In fact, I would wager that Jerry has forgotten more about fine watches than most people - including you - have ever known. As an attorney, I would not hesitate to hire and call Jerry as a respected expert witness in any case involving watches or jewelry.

Sometimes it is better to look like an idiot instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by Barrister; 01-06-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
PO today for me

Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Love that NATO strap! It goes perfectly with the watch.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ctzn
PO today for me

that watch is fantastic. strap awesome!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ctzn
PO today for me
Hmmm... Perhaps we can work out a trade of sorts. I have wanted one of these for a while. Is it the 42 or 45.5?

Quick Reply: What's on your wrist today?